Aspose.Email library conflicts with Aspose.Pdf library in same project

I have a very small project to test the Outlook dragdrop functionality. That works OK. Now I want to use some of the features of Aspose.Pdf to perform some operations on the MSG file obtained from the dragdrop. However, when I add a reference to Aspose.Pdf to my project (I have a license for both libraries), it appears to be added OK, but the Aspose.Pdf library is not recognized by the code, and the code behaves as if it were never added as a reference to the project. Next, if I remove the reference to the Aspose.Email library, instantly the Aspose.Pdf library is recognized in the code. There seems to be a fundamental incompatibility between the Email (3.7.0.0) and Pdf (8.8.0.0) libraries in the same project. My environment is VS 2010, VB.Net targeting framework 4.0 full, and I am careful to reference the framework 4.0 versions of the Aspose libraries.

I
have a very small project to test the Aspose.Email Outlook dragdrop functionality.
That works OK. Now I want to use some of the features of Aspose.Pdf to
perform some operations on the MSG file obtained from the dragdrop.
However, when I add a reference to Aspose.Pdf to my project (I have a
license for both libraries), it appears to be added OK, but the
Aspose.Pdf library is not recognized by the code, and the code behaves
as if it were never added as a reference to the project. Next, if I
remove the reference to the Aspose.Email library, instantly the
Aspose.Pdf library is recognized in the code. There seems to be a
fundamental incompatibility between the Email (3.7.0.0) and Pdf
(8.8.0.0) libraries in the same project. My environment is Windows 7, VS 2010,
VB.Net targeting framework 4.0 full, and I am careful to reference the
framework 4.0 versions of the Aspose libraries. (I also posted this message in the Aspose.Email forum).

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario at our end and I am afraid we are unable to replicate the issue. Could you please double check the target Framework of your project? It seems there is difference in your project target Framework and version of referenced Aspose Dlls. Hopefully changing target Framework of your project accordingly will fix the issue. If issue persist then please share your sample project here for investigation, we will look into it and will provide you more information accordingly.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hello Tilal,

Good catch! The problem was with the project’s targeted framework as you suggested. When I created the project I selected Framework 4 (I am pretty sure) but somehow it got set to 4.0 Client Profile. When I changed it now to 4.0 (full) there was no problem referencing the Pdf library alongside the Email library. What was so confusing is that the Aspose.Email 4.0 dll worked OK in the project when it was targeting the 4.0 client profile, and when it’s reference was removed, the 4.0 Pdf dll appeared to be recognized. Thanks again for your excellent support.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

We are glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Please continue using our API’s and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.