Aspose.Email: there are unclosed tags in the HtmlBody after loading an .msg file

Dear Aspose Team,

We are facing a little issue in the following case:

We obtained an .msg file from one of our clients which we could not process. We investigated the problem, and it turned out, that when we load the mail message with Aspose.Email not all html tags are closed correctly in the HtmlBody of the message. That causes a problem in our process.
In the following attachment there are 3 files:
(attachment: ImpExpData.zip (85.7 KB))

• “MailMessage.msg”: this is the .msg file we are trying to process
  • “mailMessage.HtmlBody.html”: a saved and formatted .html file from the HtmlBody of the mail message
  • “ProblematicRows.png”: the problematic rows highlighted in the saved/formatted .html file

Code sample by which we can reproduce this:

var msgLoadOptions = new MsgLoadOptions();
msgLoadOptions.PrefferedTextEncoding = Encoding.UTF8;
MailMessage mailMessage;
mailMessage = MailMessage.Load(FilePath, msgLoadOptions);

We are waiting for Your findings/answer.

Kind regards,
Bordi Tamas

[BUG-3308]

@tbordi,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please first try using latest Aspose.Email for .NET 20.4 on your end in your environment. If there is still an issue please share feedback with us.

Sorry. I forgot to mention about the version. We have license for 19.xx version, but that was also tested with the latest Aspose.Email version = 20.4. Unfortunately it is reproducible with the latest version too.
AsposeVersion.png (2.4 KB)

@tbordi,

I have observed the issue shared by you and a ticket with ID EMAILNET-39820 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-39820) have been fixed in this update.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the effort!

@tbordi,

Thank you for sharing the feedback.