Aspose.Excel

Hi,
I am using Aspose.Excel and using the following code to save a workbook as a dif file.

workbook = new Aspose.Excel.Excel();
workbook.Save(“Name” + “.dif”, SaveType.OpenInExcel, FileFormatType.Excel2003, Response);

it is working fine on a machine having Excel 2003 but not on a machine having excel 2007. Instead it saves the file with a name like this… " Name.dif.xls ".

Thanks,
Aamir

Hi Aamir,

Thank you for using Aspose.

Since you are using some older version (Aspose.Excel), it might have issues regarding Excel 2007 file formats. But in the new versions of Aspose.Cells (Aspose.Excel has been renamed) complete support has been provided for Excel 2007 file formats. So you may try the attached latest Aspose.Cells without any problem.

Also please see the following thread for some notes to upgrade to Aspose.Cells

For more info, please check the Aspose.Cells Documentation with APIs: Aspose.Total Product Family

Thank you & Best Regards,

Hi Nausherwan,

I checked with the Assembly that you provided, it is generating a DIF file in Excel 2007. However when I am going to open it, it is asking for a prompt that "The file is not recognized. Do you still to want open it". If I click Yes, it opens the file in excel

However I opened the DIF file in notepad, but it is not in the proper DIF structure. I am attaching two notepad docs one with proper DIF structure and one I generated with Aspose

Kindly help with the two issues

Hemangajit

Hi Hemangajit,

Well, I 'm afraid Aspose.Cells does not support to import/export DIF (Data Interchange Format) file format, we can look into it after completing some other important tasks on hand.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

It will be very great if Aspose.Cells can provide the DIF format. We use Aspose in our applications and supporting DIF is a prime requirement in one of our applications. It will be great if we can continue with Aspose for application.

Thanks

Hemangajit

Hi,

Allright, we will discuss the fesibility for DIF file format support with our team members and get back to you soon.

Thank you.