Aspose.Font SetLicense() Error

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Font library in asp.net core (.net 6 framework) where I am not able to set license for version 20.9 or 20.10. I have license for “Aspose.Total.2020.lic” and it is working for Aspose.Words (20.12 version) perfecly fine but not working for Aspose.Font (20.10 version). Can you please guide? What’s going wrong here?

@nisargcakewalk

.NET 6.0 support was added in 21.12 version of the API. Please upgrade to the latest available version as always recommended and let us know in case you face any issues.

I want to implement JP fonts to generate PDF using Aspose, where local system runs as expected (Windows and Mac) but fonts are not able to load in docker mode. can you please guide?

Here is the code I have implemented,

Please refer.

Thank you!

@nisargcakewalk

Looks like your inquiry is related to Aspose.Words. Therefore, we have moved this to respective category where you will be assisted shortly.

@nisargcakewalk Most likely the problem occurs because the fonts required for rendering document are not available on the machine where document is converted to PDF. If Aspose.Words cannot find the font used in the document, the font is substituted . This might lead into fonts mismatch and document layout differences due to the different fonts metrics. You can implement IWarningCallback to get notifications when font substitution is performed.
Please see our documentation to lean where Aspose.Words looks for fonts:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/specifying-truetype-fonts-location/

@asad.ali I am trying with trail version but it is still showing me same error. will it work with trail version to test?

@nisargcakewalk Do you mean an exception upon setting the license for Aspose.Font?

@asad.ali Yeah, I have added “Aspose.Total.Product.Family.lic” trail license to Aspose.Words and Aspose.Font but I am still getting the same exception. Can we try with this trail version license to check?

@nisargcakewalk I will move your question to Aspose.Font forum. My colleagues will help you shortly.

@nisargcakewalk

Can you please make sure that you are using the trial license with the latest available version of the API? Also, you are trying to use it with .NET 6.0? Right? Please provide your feedback so that we can proceed accordingly.

@asad.ali Yes, I am using latest API with .net framework 6.0.

@nisargcakewalk

We tested in our environment under .NET 6.0 and could not reproduce the issue. Can you please share your license file with us in a private message? You can click on the username and press the Message button to send it.
image.png (13.8 KB)

@asad.ali I am not able to send .lic file, getting this alert prompt.

image.png (7.1 KB)

@nisargcakewalk

Please add your license file to .zip archive and then attach.