Aspose for Reporting Services For SQL Server 2012

Good Day

I’m wanting to know if Aspose is compatible with Reporting Services for SQL Server 2012

Kind Regards
Ktlotz

Hi Ktlotz,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that Aspose.Slides supports Sql Server 2012. You can use latest product version in your application and share with us if there is any issue.

Many Thanks,

I have attempted the MSI and manual install on the server with 2012 and it hasn’t worked. Installs fine, just doesnt display the options in reporting services to export in ppt.

Did the MSI install on a server with 2008 and it works perfectly

any suggestions?

Hi Ktoltz,

Have you followed the guidelines shared over this link for installation of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. Can you please also confirm that you are using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.8.0 on your end. Please share the SQL Server\Reporting Services 2012 version installed on your end. Please also share the environment details with us as well. If you are able to install it with SQL Server 2008, it also symbolizes that you are properly installing Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services.

Many Thanks,

Good Day

I used the link and performed the uninstall and reinstall with no luck in fixing the problem. I am using version 4.8.0.

We are using:
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (Reporting Services Included) 11.0.2100.60
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.1.7601.17514
Microsoft MSXML 3.0 6.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.17929
Operating System 6.1.7601

Hi Ktlotz,

I have discussed the issue with our development team. Can you please make sure that you have properly copied Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll in bin directory. Also, rssrvpolicy.config, rsreportserver.config are modified properly as described in documentation. If after rechecking you are still getting an issue then there must be something in log files if all steps of manual installation were completed successfully. Please visit this link to logs and share log file with us for further investigation.

PS: Can you please also share that you have only one instance of SQL Server installed on your machine or both SQL Server 2012 and 2008 are installed on single machine.

Many Thanks,

Hi

Sent you an email with the log file and answers to your questions

Kind Regards
Ktlotz

Hi Ktoltz,

Thanks for sharing the requested log file. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33286 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Ktlotz,

Our development has investigated the log file shared and have not found any errors regarding Aspose.Slides. But they found that there are errors regarding RS configuration. Can you please share rsreportserver.config and rssrvpolicy.config files with us as we suspect that they are malformed.

Many Thanks,

Hi Ktlotz,

Our development team has investigated the config files shared and there are no issues in that. However, it has been observed that you are probably using Visual Studio 2012 as Management Studio for exporting reports. I regret to share that at present the support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services and will be fixed in coming release. I may suggest you to please install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services with Report Server and try exporting reports directly from report server. Please share your feedback if there is still an issue.

Many Thanks,

Good Day Mudassir

I am not trying to use it in visual studios, i am trying to use it in reporting services. and it isn’t displaying the options there

Kind Regards
Ktlotz

Hi Ktlotz,

Can you please tell us version and edition of ReportingService ?
How do you accessing reports through web interface or other tool?

Good Day

Yes we use the normal reporting services web interface to access the reports

The reporting services product version is: 11.0.2100.60, Express edition

Kind Regards
Kyle Lotz

Hi Kyle,

we are sorry, but Reporting Service Express edition doesn’t support rendering extensions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx#Reporting