Aspose formfield differs from Word formfield

We recently used Aspose to mass-convert a number of form fields in many documents from data type “current date” to “date”. The the fields on these documents are being updated by an old VB6 app using Word Automation. A problem that we’re running into is that the field appears to have the correct date when the document opens, but when you go to print, the field looks like it changes back.

We found that a work-around to this is to protect the document which, from what we understand, prevents the fields from being updated when printing. This solution is not ideal for us because it requires the user to remember to protect the document before printing.

We also noticed that if we open the document, go to the Properties of the form field, change nothing but click OK, that printing works correctly. You can also see that the size of the form field “shrinks” a little, indicating to us that Word must have changed some value behind the scenes from what Aspose had set.

What can we do in Aspose to make the form field exactly like what Word makes it when you click OK on the Properties dialog?

I’ve attached two documents to demonstrate this. bad.doc is an example of a document with a form field that Aspose changed the data type. good.doc is the same document after clicking OK on the Properties dialog in Word.

Thanks

Hello

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will keep you informed about problem resolving.
Best regards,

Is there an estimated fix date for this?

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it is difficult to provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue at the moment. We will investigate the problem deeply and provide you more information. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4158) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.