Aspose.grid sheet handling problem

Hi,

I starting to develop with Aspose.Grid, loading an xls file into the grid for manipulation etc. Though I am getting stuck on a couple of problems and wondered whether there was solution:

• My file is 1.9Mb, rendering time I feel could be a problem. Is it possible to force the client to only render the sheet I am looking at?
  • The Excel file includes autofiltering is this able to be handled directly in the grid or do I need to re-model it to create my own pivot tables etc using the grid functions?
Many thanks in advance, R

Hi,

Which grid control you are using? Aspose.Cells.GridWeb or Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop? And which versions you are using? We always appreciate to use latest versions of the product.

• My file is 1.9Mb, rendering time I
    feel could be a problem. Is it possible to force the client to only
    render the sheet I am looking at?
Could you post your template excel file here, we will check the issue soon.
  • The
    Excel file includes autofiltering is this able to be handled directly
    in the grid or do I need to re-model it to create my own pivot tables
    etc using the grid functions?
Well, I am afraid, the grid controls do not support to import pivot tables in the template file, so you need to re-create the pivot table using Aspose.Cell.GridWeb apis.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am using GridWeb, and version 2.0.1.2000.

Thanks!
R

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details.

We appreciate if you could post your template excel file here, so that we may check your first issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have received your template file via mail, thanks.

For your issues:
1) takes a long time to render, and usually crashes IE

I have tested using your template file, it takes about 16 seconds to import the file to GridWeb, For a big file like yours, it looks normal, what is your timings?

Moreover, since you are using some older version of the GridWeb, kindly install latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry195573.aspx , it includes Aspose.Cells.GridWeb(it is now merged to Aspose.Cells for .NET) v2.0.1.2021. Kindly let us know about the time taken for refering using the latest version of the GridWeb.

2) updates all cell
formula with #REF?, when there used to be values there.

Could you point out the sheet cells that are showing this error, I think it looks similar to what MS Excel shows. I think since your template file has some external references/links, so you might be getting these error. Anyways, we will further look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,
Thanks for the quick reply.

On second look, it appears the #REF? error is because I put in a line to remove the worksheets that I don’t want the user’s to be able to see rather than hide them.

Is there a function to hide the sheets? I do not see this.

Thanks - R

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Well, the feature of Hiding the worksheet is not supported in Aspose.Cells.GridWeb. We will check the feasibility of this feature and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

As currently, GridWeb does not support hiding worksheets. You can implement this feature at client side.

1. Register the client script function onGridInit to the OnGridInitClientFunction of GridWeb. The html code will be like this: OnGridInitClientFunction=“onGridInit”.

2. Insert the client script function code into aspx file.

function onGridInit()

{

var obj = document.getElementById("GridWeb1_TAB2");

if (obj != null)

{

obj.style.display = "none";

}

}

Every tab name is consisted by GridWeb’s name, “_TAB” constant string and index of worksheet. We can set styles for each tab.

Hope it will help you as per your requirement.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for the continued support.
I was able to hide the worksheets using the Visible property.

Is there a solution to getting the grid to load quicker, 16 seconds for the client to wait will not be acceptable for our customers. Is there a way to render/load single or particular worksheets on the screen, so as not to hold the whole workbook in the memory?

Regards - R

Hi,

Well, I am afraid there is no such feature available to load a single worksheet in a workbook into the gridweb. Anyways, we will look into it further if we can enhance the rendering time more for your need.

Thank you.