Aspose in Lotus notes

Hi,
Can we use Aspose API’s to create word in Lotus Notes?
Will the Aspose classes interact directly with lotus script?
My project conists of different clusters (for java,.net, lotus notes…) and we do have a licenced version of Aspose.
Currently we have a requirement of creating word docs in lotus notes. So should I use java in lotus notes or directly I can use lotus script to interact with Aspose classes.
Please guide.

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Introducing Aspose.Words - Aspose.Words for .NET and Java

Hi
Thanks for your request. You should use java API in Lotus Notes. Please see the following link to learn how to achieve this.
http://www.tlcc.com/admin/tips.nsf/0/27E4A1C9F2365F20852571E0004CE4F2
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
Thanks for ur immediate response.
Im aware of the LS2J concept, but for just creating word\excel report calling a java agent is not a good technique. Instead I want the Aspose API’s to be used directly in Lotus script.
I have a sample code in lotus script that uses Aspose. Now I want to enhance that code for formatting the texts in the cells. (Note: The first stage is about creating reports so Im concentrating on excel.)
Please find below the code snippet:

Sub Initialize
Set license = CreateObject("Aspose.Cells.License")
Call license.SetLicense("D:\Aspose\Aspose.NET\Aspose.Total.lic")
Dim ExcelWb As Variant 
Set ExcelWb = CreateObject("Aspose.Cells.Workbook")

Dim sheets As Variant
Set sheets = ExcelWb.worksheets
'Set sheets = ExcelWb.Open("c:\Test.xls")

Dim sheet As Variant
Set sheet = ExcelWb.worksheets.item(0)

Dim cells As Variant
Set cells = sheet.cells

Dim cell As Variant
Dim flag As Variant
Dim stl1 As Variant

For i = 0 To 3
Set cell = cells.item_2(0,i)
Call cell.PutValue_4("Field" + Cstr(i + 1), True) 
Next
'Set stl1 = ExcelWb.Styles()
'Call stl1.setColor_2(Color.RED)

For i = 1 To 10
For j = 0 To 3
Set cell = cells.item_2(i, j)
Call cell.PutValue_4(Cstr(i * j), True)
'Call cell.setStyle_4(stl1)
Next
Next
'Call cells.item_2("N3").PutValue_4("Biscuits")
'ExcelWb.Visible
ExcelWb.Save_4("c:\Test.xls")

End Sub

Im not sure on the exact classes and methods in Aspose.Cells that can be used in Lotus script. Please let me know if there is any link or documents to know the same.
Hope u got my requirement.
Thanks.

For example,

1. Formatting the heading (font tpe,color,style…)
  2. After creating the excel, the report should be shown to the user and they should be able to save\print it as required. (In lotus script we use ‘Visible’ mtd)

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Yes, you can use Aspose.Words via COM. Please see the following link to learn more about this technique.
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/supported-platforms/#com
Also here you can find code example in VB Script that is pretty similar to LotusScript and you can easy translate the code:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/supported-platforms/#com
In this section of documentation there are examples for PHP, Perl, Python, PowerBuilder, Clasic ASP. The technique is the same for all.
Hope this information could help you.
Best regards.

Hi,
Is there any documentation for methods that can be used in other languages?
example: in Vb - PutValue method in cell class is used for updating a cell value. The same method is not working in Lotus script, for that we have to use cell.PutValue_4
The lotus script code that I posted earlier had this and Im not sure from where they got this.
Even if we convert the Vb code to Lotus Script the code will not work, as the exact methods are not used.For example: formatting a cell style “cell.setStyle” method is used and this is not working in Lotus notes. To use the same in LS I donot know what suffix to put and so Im randomly trying _02,_04…
In the mean while Im going through the links in depth, that you have sent.
Thanks. Naresh

Hi

Thanks for your request. I meant VBScript not VB.NET. This occurs because you are using Aspose.Cells via COM. COM does not allow using methods overloads so suffixes added to names are used.
You should ask Aspose.Cells team which suffix you should use in your case.
I can help you with Aspose.Words only if you need.
Best regards.