Aspose license API

Hello,
We run Aspose on K8s and want to keep the license information secure.
Is it possible to save the values ​​from the license file - Aspose.Total.NET.lic in Openshift secret and read them when the pod starts up?

Thanks,
Shay

@shayh,

Do you need to encrypt and decrypt the license file? If true, please note, when you purchase a license you will be given a link to a document that explains how to encrypt/decrypt your license file so no one else can see or use it.

@shayh,

Although this query is out of context and I am not an expert of Openshift secret But I think you can certainly store the license data/information of Aspose.Total in an OpenShift Secret and access it when your pod starts up. You might need to create a Secret in OpenShift to store your Aspose license file first. You would create a secret from the command line or using YAML configuration. Then you may mount the secret as a volume in your Pod. This way, the license file will be available to your application inside the pod. Now, in your application, you can access the license file from the path where it was mounted.

var licensePath = "/path/to/license/Aspose.Total.NET.lic";
var license = new Aspose.Cells.License();
license.SetLicense(licensePath);

Make sure that the path specified in your application matches the mount path in your deployment configuration.

Hope, this helps a bit.

Hello Amjad and thanks a lot for your answers.
I’ll check this option.

Thanks,
Shay

@shayh,

You are welcome. Please do not hesitate to write us back if you have any queries or comments when using Aspose APIs.