Aspose License Questions

I’m impatiently waiting on our PR to go through for Aspose and I have some license questions.

What happens when our license expires?
Does Aspose stop working?
Does Aspose embed our documents with some text indicating it’s no longer a valid license?
Or do we simply lose support and/or patches?

When do I need to load the Aspose license?
Do I need to load a license only once per jvm?
Do I need to load a license for each new Thread?
How do I know if the license is already loaded?
What do I lose if I reload the license every time I call the Aspose API? (I’d rather not do this)

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Words.

Matthew:
What happens when our license expires?
Does Aspose embed our documents with some text indicating it’s no longer a valid license?
Or do we simply lose support and/or patches?

Our licences are permanent and come with the first year’s maintenance subscription. The subscription allows the download of all new versions of the product and, optionally, can be renewed annually. So the licence will continue to work with any version released prior to the expiry of the subscription. Moreover, with a valid license applied, Aspose.Words doesn’t insert an evaluation watermark at the top of the document and currently we only provide support for the latest versions.

Matthew:
When do I need to load the Aspose license?
Do I need to load a license only once per jvm?
Do I need to load a license for each new Thread?

The license only needs to be set once per application domain. You need to set the license before using any other Aspose.Words classes. For more details, please visit the following link:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/licensing/

Matthew:
How do I know if the license is already loaded?

I think, there is no way to know this.

Matthew:
What do I lose if I reload the license every time I call the Aspose API? (I’d rather not do this)

Reloading license multiple times is not harmful, but simply wastes processor time.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,