Aspose.Net - FTP towards a Mainframe server - How to send additional commands directly to the server?

Dears,

I transfert files via FTP (from a server) to the mainframe. I need to send additional commands directly to the server to define some characteristics about the transfert (definition of the target file, select table for the code-page translation...). In red color, a sample of commands that I need :

client = New Aspose.Network.Ftp.FtpClient(server)
client.Connect(True)
client.command(SITE "XLate=TAB437")
client.command(SITE "REC=FB LR=80 PRIMARY=80 SECONDARY=20")
client.upload(remotePath, localPath)
client.Disconnect()

Could you explain me "How to send additionnal commands directly to the server" ?

Thanks for your quick feedback,

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for inquiry.

I am sorry currently there is no way to send raw FTP commands, but we are working on this feature (ID: 30325) and will inform you when it gets available.

Thanks for your answer. Could you also give us an approximation about the delivery date and mainly if it will be available from January 2012,

Thanks in advance, Bernard

Hi Bernard,

This feature will be available in the first quarter of 2012.
Could you confirm me that this feature will be well available in the first quarter of 2012.
Thanks in advance, Bernard

Hi Bernard,

I have logged a request for the confirmation on this. As soon as I receive any updates, I will let you know here.

Regards,

Hello,

I'm surprise... the documentation about Aspose.Network (and FTP) is not anymore available on the website. Is this feature become deprecated in Aspose ?

Thanks in advance

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

Having consulted with the Product Development Team it looks like this feature request has received little demand, as such we do not plan to introduce it onto our development roadmap for the foreseeable future unless there is an increase in demand.

Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

Hi Bernard,

Please accept our apology for delayed response.

I would like to share that Aspose.Network is no more supported and has evolved to Aspose.Email for .NET with much more enhanced features. Therefore this issue is being closed and will no more be addressed by the development team.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.