Aspose .net Is embedded not working even after setting flag

Hi, I have a pdf where ArialNarrow is not embedded,
I am trying to convert to pdfa file on machine which also don’t have This font installed on it.

Before calling document.save,

I am traversing all pages and form in document and setting
NotifyIfNotEmbeddedError = true.
IsEmbedded = true
IsSubset = true.

Still it throw erro of font not embedded.

The whole intention of doing so is to avoid adding licence font installed on machine but will it not work till I install licence font on machine? If yes then what’s used of 3 flag provided.

@GayatriB

Would you please share your complete sample code snippet along with the sample file? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi I added .EmbedAllFonts = true and SubsetFonts(SubsetAllFonts) before PDF.Convert and it wokred for me. Now i am able to convert the file even if i dont have Font Embedded in PDF and Fonts not installed in my machine.

But the Major concern here in using both above flag is it is Impacting the Whole already Embeded Fonts and its Subset , coz when i go and see in File>Properties>Fonts , i can see previously PDF embedded fonts were showing Encoding as Ansi and now its Encoding = Identity-H also previously if PDFF file has Embedded Subset, After conversion it was showing Type = True Type , but now after setting this 2 flag, i can see the Type = True Type(CID).

Not sure how Both Encoding and Type will really impact for the Fonts which were already embedded Subset in PDF.

Cant we Embed and Subset only Missing Fonts ?? I can see FontSubset strategy as All or OnlyEmbeddedFonts, but there should be and Option to Subset Missing fonts coz why to Disturb already Embedded Subset font Type and there Encoding types.

I tried below option too yesterday where i am traversing pdf.pages and for each font i am reiterating to set below flags “ONLY FOR NONEMBEDDED” font but it doenst work.

// Check if font is already embedded
                            if (!pageFont.IsEmbedded)
                            {
                                pageFont.FontOptions.NotifyAboutFontEmbeddingError = false;
                                pageFont.IsEmbedded = true;
                                pageFont.IsSubset = true;
                            }

Also note we are using Licence version of Aspose and currently not sure how to get help urgently.
I cannot share my code as per my company policy.

Waiting for Reply Thanks

@GayatriNaik

We will surely look into your request and try to implement the necessary changes in order to support it. Can you please share your sample PDF document with us so that we can log an investigation ticket in our system and share the ID with you.