Aspose .NET PDF - PDF to Image Font Issue

Hi there,

I am using Aspose PDF .NET 9.2.1 library and trying to convert a PDF to an image. But there seems to be an issue the image transformation when the font is Helvetica Italic. When the font is Helvetica Italic, the text comes out very strange, as if they are dancing or something.

I have attached two images: one showing what it looks like on the PDF, and the other when I run the PDF to image transformation using Aspose PDF .NET.

This only happens for Helvetica Italic. When I change the font on the PDF to Arial Italic, everything turns out fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated…

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate if you please share your sample document and font file as well, so we will test the scenario at our end and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I have attached a sample PDF that replicates the issue I am having. It has a line with Helvetica font set in Italic. It also has a line with the Ariel font set in Italic.

When I run the following C# code:

Document d = new Document(@“C:\Temp\sample.pdf”);
Resolution resolution = new Resolution(300);
PngDevice pngDevice = new PngDevice(resolution)
{
RenderingOptions = new RenderingOptions
{
BarcodeOptimization = true
}
};
using (var m = new MemoryStream())
{
pngDevice.Process(d.Pages[1], m);
m.Position = 0;
var img = System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(m);
img.Save(@“C:\Temp\Sample.PNG”);
}

I will get an image with the weird looking line.

Let me know if this helps or if you need anything else.

Thanks!!

Hi Frank,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. While testing the scenario with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.1, we have managed to reproduce the reported issue and logged it in our bug tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37011 for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you via this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you have any ETA on when this might be resolved?

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid we can not share any ETA at the moment as we have recently noticed the issue and it is pending for investigation in the queue with other priority tasks. As soon as its investigation completes then we will share an ETA.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,