Aspose not exporting Track Change information

I am trying to export html from “CKEditor” rich text editor. The track changes are being exported but not the information like (Author and DateTime). It shows “Unknown”. Is there a way to fix this issue besides going through the document and programmatically set those values using startTrackRevisions() and stopTrackRevisions() . Because that is causing a formatting issue.

@tesfayemissy,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and upload your input HTML file and Aspose.Words generated output DOCX file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

@awais.hafeez

Track Change issue.zip (38.2 KB)

I have attached both HTML and word files that shows the issue for both inserted and deleted track revisions.

Note: I am using version 18.4.0

@tesfayemissy,

The latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 18.6 will preserve all Revision information during converting the following HTML to DOCX:

<div><p style="margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:8pt; line-height:108%; font-size:11pt"><span style="font-family:Calibri">This is a</span><ins style="color:#b5082e; -aw-revision-author:'awaishafeez'; -aw-revision-datetime:'2018-06-16T09:05:00'"><span style="font-family:Calibri; -aw-import:spaces">&#xa0;</span><span style="font-family:Calibri">text</span></ins><span style="font-family:Calibri"> testing a</span><ins style="color:#b5082e; -aw-revision-author:'awaishafeez'; -aw-revision-datetime:'2018-06-16T09:05:00'"><span style="font-family:Calibri; -aw-import:spaces">&#xa0;</span><span style="font-family:Calibri">track</span></ins><span style="font-family:Calibri"> change </span><del style="color:#b5082e; -aw-revision-author:'awaishafeez'; -aw-revision-datetime:'2018-06-16T09:05:00'"><span style="font-family:Calibri">issue</span></del></p></div>

@awais.hafeez

The CKEditor track revision attributes are different. I was able to replace the attributes with the one you posted and it works.Thank you.

@tesfayemissy,

Thanks for your feedback. In case you have further inquiries or need any help, please let us know.