Aspose note setLicense fails

I have a license file we purchased from Aspose and it worked great locally when I call setLicense() with the license file.

However when we deploy to our servers - the license file does not seem to get set. The error I get is that the license file is invalid.

The same license file was pulled down from the servers and when we tested it locally it works great as a part of our unit tests.

Aspose Note jar details:
version: 16.11.0
Java JDK version in use in server = 1.7.0_79

On local laptop - I developed the tests using java 1.8.0_11.

Questions:
- Is there an issue with using this jar on java jdk 1.7 (the docs say anything 1.6 and higher should work)
- Is there any network config that needs to go in like connection to remote server etc other that port 80 or 443 outbound?
- The hash of the file is different but content is the same - does this affect how aspose sdk validates the license?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Aspose.

We tested the License.setLicense method with jdk version 1.7.0.79 and latest Aspose.Note for Java version 16.12.0, but were not able to observe any such issue as reported by you. However, you may check the following possibilities to ensure that the license file is accessible to your application on the server,

• Please make sure that your application is able to locate your license file i.e. path is correct and is readable by your application on server. You may check this by accessing the file simply using a FileInputStream object.
  • Secondly, please check if your server has proper rights to access the file.

If you still face issues, please share your server, OS details & type of application (Web, Executable jar etc.) with us. We’ll analyze the issue further and guide you appropriately.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Any such issue hasn’t been reported with setting license files. Can you please share a sample maven project along with the steps to reproduce the issue at our end. We’ll investigate the issue further with your provided artifacts to assist you accordingly.