Aspose object change issue

Hi,

I am using Aspose(Aspose.cells-4.7.1.0 and Aspose.Slides1.1.dll-2012.12.28) in my project.

We are facing object change issue while creating ppt in pptx format,

please can you address this issue today only as we have to deliver it to client today eod.

Regards,

Shubham

Hi Shubham,

I have observed your requirement and regret to share that the “Object Changed” image while adding Ole frame is in fact not an issue and it is not controlled by Aspose.Slides. The “Object Change” message in fact notifies that the added Ole frame is inactive. When double clicking of Ole frame takes place the Ole frame gets activated and you no more see message. There are two alternatives that can be adopted in this regard. One is to use the third party solutions that provide the macros which enables the Ole frame as soon as the presentation gets opened in PowerPoint. Please visit this article link for your kind reference.

The other approach is offered by Aspose.Slides which involves setting the Ole frame image with some custom or the chart/worksheet image. This will replace the “Object Changed” message image with custom image but the Ole frame will still be inactive. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hey Thanks for your quick response!!!!!

I have tried with the second approach by replacing the "Object Changed" message image with custom image(chart image) and i can able to replace, but object is not editable.

Is there any other approach to make object editable after replacing it with custom image.

Regards,

Shubham

Hi Shubham,

I like to share that the object can be edited even after applying custom image. I suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.8.0 on your end along with latest version of Aspose.Cells available to date. If there is still an issue then please provide the sample application and generated presentation to us so that we may investigate it on our end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

We have downloaded the latest Aspose.Slides & Aspose.Cells of version 7.8.0. Please find the attached sample code, while exporting to ppt its showing "PPT slide is corrupted and its replaced by new slide".

We had made below changes in code for the latest dll

1. wbDesinger.Workbook = new Workbook(SourceStream);
  2. Aspose.Cells.Charts.Chart ChartSource = wb.Worksheets[_PptSlideChartSheetName].Charts[ChartIndex - 1];
  3. Aspose.Cells.Charts.SeriesCollection Nseries = ChartSource.NSeries;Aspose.Cells.Charts.SeriesCollection Nseries = ChartSource.NSeries;

Regards,

Shubham

Hi Shubham,

I have worked with the sample project shared by you and have observed that issue lies on Aspose.Cells end as even if you try to save the workbook to file there is exception thrown. The workbook generated is corrupted and therefore when you add the corrupted workbook data to ole object using Aspose.Slides, the output presentation also gets corrupted. To verify this you need to save the workbook as a file first before adding its byte data to Ole frame. I have attached the modified sample project in this regard as proof of concept to show that the issue lies while saving the workbook.

I am moving this thread request to Aspose.Cells forum where our respective support team member will help you better in this regard. Once you have a correct workbook generated and issue still remains with Aspose.Slides generated presentation then feel free to contact us for further help in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

I tried to evaluate the issue regarding Aspose.Cells but could not check it properly. I am not sure if the issue lies in Aspose.Cells component. Could you separate the issue regarding Aspose.Cells and provide us with a sample project using Aspose.Cells APIs only, so that we could look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We are able to save workbook as file, it is not throwing any exception. But still Aspose.Slides remains the same issue. Please find the sample excel file for your further reference.

Regards,

Shubham

Hi,

I am moving this thread to Aspose.Slides forum, so Aspose.Slides team could look into it further.

Thank you.

Hi Shubhan,

I have earlier used Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.5.1 that failed to save the workbook. However, with Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.5.2, I can see the workbook getting saved to file safely. I have observed that when changing the Ole frame data for shared presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.8.0, the generated presentation is getting corrupted. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34638 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,