ASPOSE OCR NOT SUPPORTING .TIF files

Hi,

i am using ASPOSE OCR but it fail when the input file is .tif/.tiff format.

i have attached the sample .tif imageBanking0001_out_2.zip (70.4 KB)

Thanks…

@3iinfo,

We used the code snippet given below to process the image you provided. The code executed successfully and the output was printed in the console window.

OcrEngine ocrEngine = new OcrEngine();
ocrEngine.Image = ImageStream.FromFile("Banking0001_out_2.tif"); 
ocrEngine.Process();
Console.WriteLine(ocrEngine.Text);

Please provide additional information so that we can reproduce the issue you are facing. Provide the code you used to parse the image and share the exception that you received. If possible, please provide the success case image as well.

Hello,

I also have tried with same code as yours .

OcrEngine ocrEngine = new OcrEngine();
ocrEngine.setImage(ImageStream.fromFile(fullImagePath));
ocrEngine.process();
System.err.println(ocrEngine.getText());

I am getting below output .For this output I was waiting for 5 min to execute.

f
`` j IIIII FIIIIRII o3 BAIMIIIKIIMIIIG cAllylloAppLIcATIIIIIIMIII , -IIIII I.

• I
    custlrnets Nannle: , Basic card I siuppllennlentary card I
    FirstNannle i liimllelnitiall[/
    Last Nannle e
    ey,ee; IIIIIIII][// siocialsilecurimNurnber s
    Please lss.ue Bankinllyll lcaritl flirllyIJe yles a No I
    T
    . First Nidrne T liiddlle initial l[/ i

Last Narne T
elly,?t; IIII I l[/ I l[/ slliicial.siecuri.m N,rr., T T ,,ye: I .erl- I .,Yet I- T; x F''''rd;Yellyllylle I ''’’’```’’%2i[\[I
T i,i…{
'‘l'` ''`to’ ’rvi' ca,d N,.be, III ffrr III III i.

• , w - Z - - l.-l
    'N

I
N
N
-I

You can find the attached inputfile here Banking0003.zip (45.7 KB)

Thanks.

@3iinfo,

Thank you for your feedback. We will investigate this issue further and update you accordingly.

@3iinfo,

We have reviewed the file that you sent and were able to generate similar results.

Aspose.OCR does not support Handwriting Recognition. Aspose.OCR only supports Arial, Times New Roman, Courier New, Verdana, Tahoma and Calibri font families with regular, bold and italic font styles.

The accuracy of OCR depends on many factors including the quality of the image and text. It is recommended that the image should be of at least 300DPI(which is true in your case) and the font size should be at least 10 to 12 points depending on the font. Noise in text also decreases the efficiency of OCR.

We hope that this answered your question. Please feel free to reach us if additional information is required.