Aspose.OCR roadmap?

It's nice to see an OCR tool join Aspose's .NET offerings. What is its roadmap? What new functionalities will be released when?

Thanks for any info,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for showing interest in Aspose.OCR.

We plan to continuously incorporate and improve the character recognition features for various fonts in the upcoming releases. As we have just rolled out the introductory release, we shall be gathering the feature requests from the customers and then adjust our roadmap accordingly.

It will be great if you suggest the features you are interested in. We shall look forward to put them in our development plans.

Many Thanks

Here’s a pretty obvious feature idea - The ability to convert images to OCR’d file formats (eg tiff to word, tiff to excel, scanned pdf to searchable pdf etc). If you had that feature I would buy your product today!
Thanks,
Quentin

My company would have already purchased Aspose.OCR, but it only supports two fonts in two sizes right now. I know it's still v1.0, but it clearly needs to support more in order to justify using it.

I'm less concerned about which bitmap types it can scan; I can convert bitmap formats when I need to. But I have to be able to OCR more than two different fonts.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Next version of Aspose.OCR for .NET will be released soon and more fonts will be supported in this version. You will also see many new features in the future releases.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,