Aspose.OCR timeout to ocrEngine.Process()

I am doing batch processing for thousands of files. I don’t want the Process function to hang on an individual file for long period of time.

Is there a way I can put a time limit after which it returns an error or exception to indicate that a timeout is reached without result?

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that there is no way to put a time limit on OcrEngine.Process method. Furthermore you can forward us such sample file that makes the OcrEngine.Process method to hang. We will look into it and update you with our findings.

Hi,

This is to update you that a feature request has been logged into our system with ID OCR-34305. Our product team will further look into it. We will update you accordingly via this thread.

Thank you. That would be very helpful.

It is not that its stalling on a file. But on batch processing, I have say 100,000 document and I don’t want to spend more than say a second on each file. So with this timeout limit. I can finish the batch process in say at most 27 hours, and then I can run another batch for those files that requires more than 1 second to process.

Regards,
Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

We have noted your concerns. The feature request ticket is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue with other priority tasks. We will update you with the progress via this thread.

Hi,

This is to update you that we will not be able to provide such functionality in the near future. It is proposed that this should be controlled externally by a system or logic that schedules, launches and controls the execution of OCR job.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.