Aspose.PDF 23.5 Release Notes

Hi thank you !

I have noticed Aspose.PDF 23.5 just popped out but no release notes, have you got anything online somewhere please ? :slight_smile:

cheers

@pcaillol
Yes, there was a delay due to technical issues with the infrastructure. Now posted, you can look it.

Great thanks but see no update of those Aspose.PDF tickets been posted a while ago, may i have an update of those tickets please ?

thanks

@pcaillol
23_5 release notes.docx (19.2 KB)

Hi

Have you got 23.6 release notes please ? :slight_smile:

Yes I have.
Release Notes 23_06.docx (15.3 KB)

Thank you but i do not understand, this does not contains any of my tickets opened months ago:

Why is that please ? No fix since such a long timeโ€ฆ

Regards

@pcaillol
Incoming tasks are processed in the order in which they are received, taking into account the priority of the task. Tasks with paid support have the highest priority, followed by the tasks of users who have purchased a license. Unfortunately, it is not possible to close tasks as quickly as we would like and you should wait.
I did however ask the development team to take a quick look at the questions you mentioned and for a couple of simple questions there will probably be clarifications or code snippets in the near future.

Alright but all tickets should be estimated because many of mine are critical and concern people who have not even noticed those issues and have paid support though :slight_smile:

@pcaillol
For PDFNET-54042

The PageInfo properties Width, Height, IsLandscape used in the attached code snippet are intended for using a pdf file generator and are not filled in when reading file.
To reliably determine the orientation of the page, use the MediaBox property of the page.
If the width there is less (or equal) than the height, the page has a portrait orientation, otherwise landscape.
Page sizes can be determined using UserUnit (if specified) and MediaBox.Width, MediaBox.Height.

using (Document document = new Document(fileName))
{
    foreach (Page page in document.Pages)
    {
        var pageMediaBox = page.MediaBox;
        var isLandscape = pageMediaBox.Width > pageMediaBox.Height; // reliably determined.

double userUnit = 72.0; // pixels per inch
        if (page.EnginePage.PageInformation.UserUnit != null)
        {
            userUnit = 72.0 * page.EnginePage.PageInformation.UserUnit.ToDouble();
        }

double k = 25.4 / userUnit;
        var pageWidth = k * pageMediaBox.Width;
        var pageHeight = k * pageMediaBox.Height;

Console.WriteLine("Height: " + pageHeight + ", Width: " + pageWidth + ", Landscape: " + isLandscape);
    }
}

@pcaillol
for PDFNET-53953

When viewing the attached file in Acrobat Pro, you can see that there are no embedded files in it, but there is a RichMedia annotation.
picture561-2.png (192.4 KB)
picture561-1.png (180.4 KB)

You can make sure that it exists and access this annotation using the API as follows:

var doc = new Document(myDir + "ReadingEmbbededFiles_input.pdf");
var annotation = doc.Pages[1].Annotations[1];
Console.WriteLine($"annotation.AnnotationType: {annotation.AnnotationType}");