Aspose PDF 508 compliance

Hi
To what extent does Aspose PDF support accessibility(508 compliance)? In regards to the same question, to what extent is tagging possible?

Since the conclusion to this topic is unclear and really old, wanted a confirmation.

@wishy.em

Thanks for contacting support.

We have introduced new features as part of work on 508 compliance (WCAG) in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.6:

• PDF/UA validation feature was added.
  • Tagged PDF support was added.

However, above feature were added as beta-version and their further development was under process. We have introduced more features related to PDF/UA and WCAG Accessibility, in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.7 and those are listed in release notes page of the API. The latest release has just become publicly available and we are working over updating its documentation, in order to add code snippets and examples for new features.

You may please visit the release notes of latest version of the API and check introduced tagging features. In case of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.
What about Aspose.PDF for Java?

@wishy.em

Currently, these features are not ported in Java library, however we plan to include them in upcoming Aspose.PDF for Java 18.7, which is expected to be released at the end of this month. In case all integration tests and porting is successful, you will be able to use these features in Java library as well.

@asad.ali Has this been released in the July release i.e. 18.7?

@wishy.em

Thanks for your inquiry.

The API versions i.e. 18.7 and 18.8 were already released but I am afraid to share that PDF/UA compliance support and features are not ported completely in Java API of Aspose.PDF. An investigation ticket has already been logged in our system as PDFJAVA-37999 which is linked with this post so that you can be notified once the porting of features is completed.

Please note that all features in Aspose.PDF for Java are used to be ported from .NET library of Aspose.PDF after successful integration tests. We will surely let you know once all the features have been ported successfully and available to use. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you @asad.ali
Do you have any estimate as to when it could be ported?

@wishy.em

I am afraid that due to other high priority issues and maintenance tasks, we are not in position to share some reliable ETA. However, we will surely keep you updated with the status of feature availability. Please spare us little more time.

@wishy.em

We would like to inform you that PDF/UA Compatibility support will going to be available in upcoming release of Aspose.PDF for Java 18.9. As soon as the upcoming version is available for download, we will surely inform you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-37999) have been fixed in this update.