Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(pdf);
var embedded_files = doc.EmbeddedFiles;

embedded_files is empty !

Is this normal ?

Thank you

@pcaillol,

This is because there are no videos attached:

I confirm that the video is embedded / not attached and playing as following:

Aspose.PDF shows “EmbeddedFiles” property so what is the explanation ?

Thanks.

@pcaillol,

I see. Let me review it because I initially thought of an attachment.

As shows the video, there is no attachment detected though the video is obviously embedded.

@pcaillol,

I will create a ticket for the dev team then.

Another thread ? ticket number ?

Thank you.

@pcaillol
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-53953

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi

Can you give me details about fix for those tickets please ?

Thank you

@pcaillol

When viewing the attached file in Acrobat Pro, you can see that there are no embedded files in it, but there is a RichMedia annotation.
You can make sure that it exists and access this annotation using the API as follows:

var doc = new Document(myDir + "ReadingEmbbededFiles_input.pdf");
var annotation = doc.Pages[1].Annotations[1];
Console.WriteLine($"annotation.AnnotationType: {annotation.AnnotationType}"); 

The PageInfo properties Width, Height, IsLandscape used in the attached code snippet are intended for using a pdf file generator and are not filled in when reading file.

To reliably determine the orientation of the page, use the MediaBox property of the page.
If the width there is less (or equal) than the height, the page has a portrait orientation, otherwise landscape.

Page sizes can be determined using UserUnit (if specified) and MediaBox.Width, MediaBox.Height.

using (Document document = new Document(fileName))
{
    foreach (Page page in document.Pages)
    {
        var pageMediaBox = page.MediaBox;
        var isLandscape = pageMediaBox.Width > pageMediaBox.Height; // reliably determined.

double userUnit = 72.0; // pixels per inch
        if (page.EnginePage.PageInformation.UserUnit != null)
        {
            userUnit = 72.0 * page.EnginePage.PageInformation.UserUnit.ToDouble();
        }

double k = 25.4 / userUnit;
        var pageWidth = k * pageMediaBox.Width;
        var pageHeight = k * pageMediaBox.Height;

Console.WriteLine("Height: " + pageHeight + ", Width: " + pageWidth + ", Landscape: " + isLandscape);
    }
}

The above tickets are currently under the phase of the investigation and the investigation against rest of the tickets has not been started sadly yet. However, we will surely inform you as soon as we make some progress towards resolution of the all logged tickets. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi thank you

But concerning ticket 53953, i would like Aspose.PDF to convert RichMedia Annotations to embedded videos when converting to PowerPoint file, do you understand ?

Regards

And there are more tickets than that:

53953 --> new ticket maybe ?
54042 OK

So they are still not under investigation, is that correct ?

@pcaillol

But concerning ticket 53953, i would like Aspose.PDF to convert RichMedia Annotations to embedded videos when converting to PowerPoint file, do you understand ?

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-55093

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Regarding other tickets, yes your understandings are correct. We will inform you as soon as we make some progress towards resolution of any of the tickets. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you ! Cheers