Aspose.PDF Features

We are in the process of evaluating your product and I need to have the following questions answered:

Page Specific Margins
We need to be able to set margins at the page level. First page might have 2 in all around while last page might have 1 in. all around and anything in between might have another set of margins.

Content Overflow Management
As the document is crreated we need to be able to keep certain sections of it together in the same page, so if the whole section does not fit in the remaining space in the current page we need to be able to move the whole section to the following page.

Watermark
We need to be able to place a diagonal watermark on a given document

Header/Footer
We need to be able to place data within the top and bottom margins much like word does with headers and footers

Image Embedding
The ability to embed an image in the document

Barcode support
The ability to be able to insert a barcode as needed

At this point we are only looking for a yes/no answer to these features we need. Once we get the answers we would move into the POC phase to see how in practical terms we would implement this.

Hello Danny,

Thanks for your interest in our products. I am pleased to share that requested feature is supported. Please visit the following link for information on Set Page Size and Margins

Content Overflow Management
As the document is crreated we need to be able to keep certain sections of it together in the same page, so if the whole section does not fit in the remaining space in the current page we need to be able to move the whole section to the following page.

According to Document Object Model of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, A pdf file is a collection of Sections where each section may contain one or more paragraphs. Text, Image, Table, Attachment, Graph, Annotation, Form Field, FloatingBox etc. are paragraph level elements. So if we are placing a text paragraph inside the PDF document and it cannot be placed over a single page, we may consider using Text.IsKeepTogether property and set its value to true.

Watermark
We need to be able to place a diagonal watermark on a given document

Please visit the following link for information on Customizing Watermark

Header/Footer
We need to be able to place data within the top and bottom margins much like word does with headers and footers

Please visit the following links for information on Set Page Header and Footer, Image & Page Number in Header/Footer section and also Table in Header/Footer section

Image Embedding
The ability to embed an image in the document

Please visit the following link for information on How to - Convert an Image to PDF

Barcode support
The ability to be able to insert a barcode as needed

Please check out the following link for information on How to Integrate Aspose.BarCode for .NET with Aspose.Pdf?

I case I have not properly understood your requirements or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into your suggestions. One thing I didn't see was an answer on the page specific margins. Does your product support this?

Thanks,

Also, does your product support paging? We need to be able to have a page count once we have finished creating the document.

Hello Danny,

Please note that a Pdf document contains a collection of Section objects and you can easily specify the margin/page size information for section element. So when setting the margin for specific Section, you can get the desired result. Also please note that by default every new section starts from new page and if you need to place the newly created section with previous one, set the value of Section.IsNewPage property as False. In short, you can create multiple section objects and specify the page margin information for individual section element and then add them to the sections collection of Pdf file.

FYI, To jump start with Aspose.Pdf for .NET, please visit the following link for information on Create a Hello World PDF document through API and also check out the following video tutorial on Getting started with Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

DannyAcuna:
Also, does your product support paging? We need to be able to have a page count once we have finished creating the document.

Hello Danny,

Please visit the following link for information on Get Number of Pages of a PDF File

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.