Aspose PDF Flatten XFA PDF not working

I am running the following code to flatten (create a static, non XFA PDF) version of a XFA PDF file so I can run it through another utility. The code runs without error, but the output PDF is still in a XFA format as far as I can tell. What am I doing wrong? Here is my code in C#.

string filepath = @"C:\Users\jfuex\Documents\IMAGES\PDF\XFA-PDF-Sample.pdf";
    string outPath = @"C:\Users\jfuex\Documents\IMAGES\PDF\XFA-PDF-Sample-Flat-ASPose.pdf";
    Aspose.Pdf.Document document = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(filepath);
    document.Form.Type = FormType.Static;   
    document.Form.Flatten();
    document.Flatten();
    document.Save(outPath);

@JohnFx

Are you using the latest version of the API? Can you please share your sample PDF document for our reference so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly?

Attached is the file I am using. I am using version 23.6.0 of the Aspose.PDF library
purchase_order.pdf (143.6 KB)

@JohnFx

We are checking it and will get back to you shortly.

@JohnFx

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-55120

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

I’m trying to decide whether to purchase this library or a competing library based on this use case. Are you saying it is a bug in the software with an indeterminate fix date?

If so that may simplify my decision which one to purchase. :slight_smile:

@JohnFx

Sometimes issues are related to specific PDF documents. Same code snippet and functionality may work in case of other PDF files. But with you PDF document, it is failing due to specific structure and content. The ticket is logged to investigate the case and determine how this can be fixed. We have recorded your concerns as well and will surely inform you as soon as we make some progress in this regard. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Any update? I need to make a purchasing decision between your tool and a competitor. I got this PDF working in their tool, but still can’t make it work in yours.

@JohnFx

The issues are resolved on a first come first serve basis and we are afraid that we could not complete the issue investigation due to other issues in the queue logged prior. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely inform you once we make some progress towards ticket fix. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I can relate. I am going to buy software where the tech support responds to me on a first supported first buy basis. Looks like the support for this product is not very good. All I needed to know. I don’t need to continue with the trial/purchase.

@JohnFx

We are very sorry for the frustration you experienced due to the delay in resolving this issue. We understand that you expect a timely and effective solution from our API. However, as we explained before, the resolution time of the issue depends on many factors such as the complexity of the issue, the number of the API internal components involved, the priority of the issues reported before yours, and so on. These factors are beyond our control and we cannot guarantee a fixed ETA for the fix. However, we appreciate your feedback and we will use it to improve our API and service quality.

We will keep you updated on this forum thread as soon as we have any news regarding the issue resolution or fix ETA. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.