Aspose.PDF for Android missing PNGDevice class

I’ve downloaded the Aspose PDF package and followed the instruction here to convert a PDF to PNG images (I’m trying to create a PDF reader on Android). However I found the PngDevices class is missing.

Adding the Aspose.PDF for Java lib solved the missing PngDevices problem but as far as I know, the Aspose.PDF for Java is not yet compatible with Android platform, so it is still not working.

Is there any solution for my current problem ? Any suggestion is greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Hi Nhat,

Thanks for your inquiry. I'm afraid PDF to image feature is not supported at the moment in Aspose.Pdf for Android. We've already logged the issue as PDFANDROID-8 in our issue tracking system. Our development team is working hard to implement related feature in future release. We will notify you as soon as its resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal, thanks for the quick reply.

So currently on Android platform the Pdf is still not readable using the Aspose lib ? Or is there another file type that I can convert into using the Aspose lib (HTML for example) on Android for the purpose of displaying?

Regards,
Jeff

Hi,

The conversion of PDF pages to Image, DOC, HTML format is currently not support by Aspose.Pdf for Android. However the development team is working hard on supporting these capabilities in this component.

Yes you are correct. Aspose.Pdf for Java supports the feature to convert PDF pages to Image format but its not compatible with Android platform. Please be patient and wait for the support of PDF to Image conversion in Aspose.Pdf for Android. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFANDROID-8) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Android 1.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.