Aspose.PDF for .NET/ PDF Viewer and Select some text not by rectangle

Hi Aspose team,

Recently I am going to make a PDF Utility Applet, which can help view and edit the PDF file.

What I can find now is that Aspose itself doesn’t support does not provide any feature to display/render PDF documents. We need to convert the PDF document to images and then use a standard image viewer to view the images.

Am I right about it?

And in this case, is it possible if I hope to directly select some text (like a line and a half) on the page, just like in Adobe?
(I know I can select text in a rectangle, but sometimes the text I want cannot be selected by rectangle)

Best Regards

@Glority_Developer

Yes, your understandings are correct.

Are you talking about extracting a text from image? OR you want to extract this text in a rectangle directly from PDF document?

Would you kindly share a sample PDF which can show such issue i.e. text in a rectangle cannot be extracted. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Thanks for your confirmation.
For the select text question, I did not describe it clearly, but I think I already know the answer.
And there is another question, is it possible to copy text in PDF Document with source format?
Thanks.

@Glority_Developer

Once the text is selected using TextFragmentAbsorber from a source PDF, it selects is with its properties. However, you may please share a sample source and expected output PDF with us in case you are facing some issue while copying and adding text to a new document. We will further test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.