Aspose PDF for .Net support for Adobe 10.X

Hello,

We are facing with an issue reagrding the Annotation class on the PDF file.

We insert Annotations dynamically and when we check the PDF file in Adobe reader 7,8 or 9 it seems to be in the precise location as we have entered. But when we open the document in Adobe reader 10.X, it seems to be out of place from where we would like to see the comment.

We have attached one of our test file kindly open it in the different versions of Adobe reader to see the difference.

Thank you for your response in this regard.

Hi Thitisak,

Thanks for using our products.

I opened the provided file in Adobe 9.2.0 and Adobe 10.1.2. However, I am unable to find any difference in location of annotations with both version. Can you please share some further details regarding this problem. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Ok I would like to explain our situation and issue.

We are suppoe to show the user a screen where they can choose a location on the PDF page to enter a comment.

- Since this location cannot be identified by our program if we open a PDF file and allow users to comment on it. We create images of all pages within the PDF file, then show them on a custom screen.

- We allow users to select a location on the image and ask them to enter text in a Text box.

- Then based on the location clicked on image we calculate the location on the PDF page to insert the annotation.

- Following code is used to calculate the location on PDF page.

//access PDF and image infor to calculate the location for annotation on PDF file

pdfF = new PdfFileInfo(inputStream);

pdfWidth = pdfF.GetPageWidth(PageNumber);

pdfHeight = pdfF.GetPageHeight(PageNumber);

inchX = (Convert.ToSingle(hdnXvalue.Value) * pdfWidth) / imgWidth;

inchY = pdfHeight - ((Convert.ToSingle(hdnYvalue.Value) * pdfHeight) / imgHeight);

- The coordinates clicked on the image are stored in Hidden variable.

- The image is created proportional to the PDF page width and height.

- We have found that when we use the location for Y axis it starts counting from the bottom, so we have to calculate the Y axis and subtract it from the total height.

Do let me know the correct way to handle this scenario. Also do not hesitate if you need any clarifications.

Hi Thitisak,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

However, we are still not very clear about your issue. Please create a sample application and share with us to show us the issue. This will help us to identify your issue and rectify it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,