Aspose.Pdf.Kit ConcatenateForms Timeout Issue

Hi Nayyar,

I am attaching the sample project as you suggested this afternoon. Basically the issue is as follows.

Our client is having timeout issue when they try to combine about 100 or more PDF's at a time & try to print. Their threshold is about 35 PDF's at a time which takes about 3-4 minutes to bring PDF for printing. Each of these PDF's have three pages and size of each PDF is 318KB.

Our clients were able to perform this task before when we were using another vendors API. We recently switched to your product and encountered this issue which is a very serious one.

Attched is a zip file whih contains a Visual Studio 2008 project containing the sample code as well as sample PDF. As per your instruction on the upload dialog I am not including the License file. To replicate the issue, copy & paste the PDF included in the AsposeTimeout about 60 times.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks,

Salil

Hello Salil,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have gone through the project that you have shared, and have noticed that you are using PdfFileEditor.ConcatenateForms(String[],String). Please use PdfFileEditor.Concatenate(String[],String). Let me share some thing, ConcatenateForms is used when you need to merge Pdf files that contains form fields, and the file that you have shared does not contain form fields.

In order to investigate the issue why time out is being occurred, I have tested the issue, using the project that you have shared while concatenating 100 Pdf files and noticed that when I am using PdfFileEditor.ConcatenateForms its taking about 5 minutes and 10 seconds to generate the resultant Pdf file, and when I have tested it with PdfFileEditor.Concatenate it took about 100 seconds to merge 100 files of 317KB.

In case of any further query, feel free to share.