Aspose.Pdf(.Kit) for Java PDF to PDF/A conversion

Hi there,

my company is interested in the Aspose.Total for Java product. However we need PDF to PDF/A conversion. I’ve read in a few threads that the development team is working on this functionality. Are there any news or is there a timepoint for when this feature will be available?

Kind regards
Tim Weller

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am afraid the feature of converting PDF files to PDF/A format is currently not supported over Java platform. However for the sake of implementation, we already have logged this requirement as PDFKITJAVA-28640 in our issue tracking system. The development team is already looking into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

PS, We are currently testing an auto-ported version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET (which supports the conversion of PDF files to PDF/A format) to Java platform and we hope this conversion feature will become available in this new release version. Please be patient and wait for the new release version.

PSS, Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java is an existing product which offers the feature to manipulate existing PDF files over Java platform and auto-ported release will be a separate version (it will provide the features to create PDF files from scratch as well as the capability to manipulate existing PDF files using single product. Similar features as available in Aspose.Pdf for .NET.