Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 3.6.0.0 - ConvertToDataTable import PDF to OLEDB fails after calling SetLicense

Dependencies: Aspose.Pdf.kit 3.6.0, .NET Framework 2.x., VB.NET, Visual Studio 2005/2008

Issue: ConvertToDataTable fails to import PDF to OLEDB after applying license, however, the component works in eval mode using the call SetLicense(""). Please see attached sample project that connects to a database and imports data from a sample PDF form to a table tblAsposeTest (Company,Address).

Hi Cory,

Please send the license file so we could test it at our end. Please Do Not share the license file in the forum, rather follow the instructions on this link to send the license file to Aspose staff. Also, share the sample project you’re having problem with. We’ll test it at our end and update you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

I just emailed the license to you. As mentioned in the email, we're trying to use the Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET version 3.5.0, but the license we received says it is version 2.2. The Aspose website has a Pdf.Kit for Java version 2.2. I suspect we made a mistake placing the order and that led to us getting the wrong version.

The demo applications that come with the Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 3.5.0 will demonstrate the problem.

Thank you for your help.

I also received the same error and license ver 2.2

Hi Cory,

I have tested the license file at my end and it worked fine with Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 3.5. Can you please share the sample project you’re having problem with, so we could look into the matter in detail. Kindly attach the sample project with this post, however don’t include the license file with the project.

Regards,

LisaYambao:
I also received the same error and license ver 2.2

Hi Lisa,

Please send your license file to us using the instructions on this link. Also, please attach a sample project, with this forum, demonstrating the problem. We'll look into the issue at our end and let you know.

Regards,

Hi,

Sent all the attachments. Please let me know what is the next steps.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I have received the files. We’ll be looking into the matter and you’ll be updated accordingly.

Regards,

Hi,

Any updates? We needed to check if all our report requirements will be able to support by ASPOSE.

Thanks,

Lisa

Please don't forget me. I'm still waiting on Aspose and my superiors want to know when I can implement this component. Please advise.

Hi Cory,

I’m sorry for any inconvenience due to the delay. I’m looking into the issue and hopefully I’ll update you in a few hours.

Regards,

Hi Lisa,

I have tested your license file at my end and couldn’t find any issue with the license file. The problem seems with the use of license. Please use the original license file and place it in the bin folder along with the Aspose.Pdf.Kit.dll. You can then use the following code to set the license:

Dim lic As New Aspose.Pdf.Kit.License
lic.SetLicense("Aspose.Pdf.Kit.lic")

I hope this will resolve your issue. If problem persists, then please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi Cory,

I have tested your issue at my end and found no problem with your license file. There is some problem with the Aspose.Pdf.Kit itself. I have logged this issue as PDFKITNET-10426 in our issue tracking system. I’m afraid that our development team will need some time to look into this issue and then resolve it. You’ll be updated via this forum as the issue is resolved.

We’ll appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Hi,

It's still not working. However, I need to know if the attached xml and xls can be converted into PDF utilizing the BindFO function?

Code Sample:

Dim app As Pdf

app = New Pdf

app.BindFO(xml, xsl)

app.Save(name + "_xml_string2string.pdf")

Appreacite, if you could reply as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

This problem is related to Aspose.Pdf. Please post your question in the related forum so the Aspose.Pdf team would be able to help you out.

Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Any idea when this might get fixed?

Hi Cory,

I’m afraid, this issue is not yet resolved. However, I have asked our team to share the ETA. You’ll be updated soon.

Regards,