Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileEditor Concatenate incorrect order and some garbage pdfs

I am reposting this, as my other post from last Thurs got marked private (I don't remember selecting that); and I have not yet received a reply to this URGENT problem.

I tried concatenating up to 10 pdf files together using Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileEditor Concatenate methods.

Gets garbage in some pages of resultant pdfs and has incorrect file concat order in many cases.

Unzip and run sln - notes are in AsposePdfKit_Results.txt file under PdfTest subdirectory.

I need immediate fix in order to purchase your product and get my project done on time.

Jan Everson - Senior Software Developer - Sedgwick CMS

Hi Janet,

I’m sure you’re referring to the following post:
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/241693/aspose.pdf.kit.pdffileeditor-concatenate-not-correct/showthread.aspx#241693

You should be able to access this post as it was posted by you. I would also like to share with you that this issue is resolved and the fix will be available in our upcoming monthly release due at the end of this month - June 2010.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

End of month release to get fix will not meet our development timeline. If you wish to expand our Aspose.Word current use of your products to include Aspose.Pdf.Kit, we will need more timely release.

Janet Everson - Sr. Software Developer - Sedgwick CMS

Hi Janet,

We’ll try to provide you a hot fix for this issue the earliest possible.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

I have a couple of pdfs that when I concatenate them using the PdfFileEditor class, one of them is always the first one even when I want it to be the second. I assume this might be related to the other post (that is marked private and I can't see) - I'm also very interested in seeing a fix for this ASAP.

Thanks,

Todd

I'm attaching a set of documents that are the individual PDFs and the resultant "merged item" for you to look at. The files are merged using the following code:

PdfFileEditor editor = new PdfFileEditor();
FileProcessingStrategy strategy = Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Settings.Strategy;
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Settings.Strategy = FileProcessingStrategy.OptimizeMemoryUsage;
string outputFile = Path.GetTempFileName();
editor.Concatenate(pdfFiles, outputFile);
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Settings.Strategy = strategy;
I assume I'm having the same problem as the original poster.  After the merge, the corrupted PDFS are the ones that were created by doing a mailmerge with Aspose.Words (9.1.0.0) and then saved to PDF via the SaveToPDF method (if that matters)
Thank you for your prompt attention!

Hello Todd,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFKITNET-17659. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Janet and Todd,

I would like to share with you that your concatenation related issues have been resolved in the attached hot fix. Please download it at your end and try to test.

If you still find any issue or have some more questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Thank you for the hot fix! I have verified that it is now functioning correctly.

Janet Everson

Looks much better - thank you!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17464;17659) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.