Aspose.Pdf.Kit settings not working in higher version of Acrobat reader

We are using the Asopse.pdf.kit version 4.3.0.0 for enabling the rights in the pdf.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Using the Aspose.Pdf.Kit.DocumentPrivilege, we are disabling the rights of the pdf to print ,copy , modify and annotation options

Its working fine in the adobe acrobat version 8.0.

But when we try to open the same generated PDF in the higher version of the acrobat reader like 9.0, 10.0.1, the print option is enabled and the copy content option is enabled.

These are some of my doubts

1) From which version of the adobe acrobat supports the PDF files created byAspose.pdf.kit

2) From Adobe version 9.0 and higher version, some properties are not working as I mention above. Is any specific reason for the issue? Or clarify how to handle this scenario.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

First of all, please download the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET and try at your end.

Secondly, we have also [introduced merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET](https://blog.aspose.com/2011/07/01/first-version-of-merged-aspose.pdf-for-.net-is-now-available-for-download); it contains the functionality of both Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET. I would suggest you to try this version as we’ll be discontinuing the separate Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET from October 2011.

Lastly, if it still doesn’t resolve your issue then please share the input PDF file along with the code snippet with us, so we could investigate the issue at our end. You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hi,

Attached here is the PDF Generated using Aspose.pdf.kit version 4.3.0 and 5.7.0. These files are working fine in Adboe verison 8.0 i.e., our security and document previlige settings are applied when opening in Adobe Reader.
Both Files are Print option enabled for Adobe acrobat verison 9.0 and 10.0.1.
PASSWORD to open the files "Test123"
We used the following properties to apply these settings and please provide your suggestions on our usage of them
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileSecurity secPdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileSecurity(infile, outfile);
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.DocumentPrivilege priv = Aspose.Pdf.Kit.DocumentPrivilege.ForbidAll;
secPdf.ChangePassword("testing", "Test123", "Test123", priv, true);
Tried this logic with 5.7.0 as well and not working.

Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing the output PDF files. However, in order to reproduce and then understand the cause of the issue, we need the input PDF file (before applying settings) as well. Please share the input PDF with us, so we could further investigate the issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

Attached the Input doc, PDF file and output generated PDF for your reference.
PASSWORD to open the output PDF files is "test123"
We used the following properties to apply these settings and please provide your suggestions on our usage of them
Document doc = new Document(docFileName);
doc.Save(TempFilePath, SaveFormat.Pdf);
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileSecurity secpdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileSecurity(TempFilePath, outputFilePath)
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.DocumentPrivilege privilege = Aspose.Pdf.Kit.DocumentPrivilege.ForbidAll;
secpdf.ChangePassword(nulll, "test123", "test123", privilege, true);

Tried this logic with 4.3.0 and 5.7.0 as well and not working.

Hi,

Please try to use the different values for user and owner passwords. You’re using same value as user and owner password and when you open using this value, the document is opened using owner password. So, once the values are different, please try to use the user password to open the PDF. If you still find the same issue then please provide the complete code snippet which you’re using to apply the settings i.e. which particular privileges you’re setting on the document. Also, note that I have used Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 5.7.0 for the testing purposes.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,