We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose PDF LaTex Conversion - Java Version

Hi

I noticed that the .NET version of Aspose.Pdf is now documented as supporting LaTex to PDF conversion. I was wondering if/when the Java version is likely to follow suit.

I gave it a try with the current version with the following code:

com.aspose.pdf.LatexLoadOptions latexOptions = new com.aspose.pdf.LatexLoadOptions();
com.aspose.pdf.Document doc = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(inputlatexFile, latexOptions);
doc.save(outputPDFFile);

However it gave the following exception:

Exception in thread “main” com.aspose.pdf.internal.foundation.converter.latex2aps.z1: com.aspose.pdf.internal.p240.z4: Formulas with math environment “$$

If you don’t want your equation to be centered, but you want the nice
indicies and all that, you can use \verb|\displaystyle| and get your
formula in-line''; using our example this is </font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080">$" are not maintained! Use text environment instead, e.g. $1+1=2$</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080"><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>at com.aspose.pdf.internal.foundation.converter.latex2aps.z3.m1(Unknown Source)</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080"><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>at com.aspose.pdf.z49.m1(Unknown Source)</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080"><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.m1(Unknown Source)</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080"><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>at com.aspose.pdf.ADocument.<init>(Unknown Source)</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080"><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>at com.aspose.pdf.Document.<init>(Unknown Source)</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080"><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>at com.elsevier.evise.pdftest.PDFAppUsingAspose.convertLaTex(PDFAppUsingAspose.java:32)</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080"><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>at com.elsevier.evise.pdftest.PDFTools.main(PDFTools.java:64)</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080">Caused by: com.aspose.pdf.internal.p240.z4: Formulas with math environment "$$</font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080"><br></font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080">If you don't want your equation to be centered, but you want the nice </font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080">indicies and all that, you can use \verb|\displaystyle| and get your </font></div><div><font face="Courier New" size="2" color="#000080">formulain-line’’; using our example this is
$” are not maintained! Use text environment instead, e.g. $1+1=2$
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p240.z3.m1(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p246.z19.m1(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p246.z42.m3(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p238.z1.m2(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p238.z1.m5(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.internal.p238.z1.m5(Unknown Source)
… 7 more

Can you give me any advice? I enclose the LaTex source file I tested with.

Many thanks, Richard.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested your scenario with shared document using Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.0.0 and managed to observe the reported issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-35352 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated about issue resolution progress via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards,