Aspose PDF not picking up any text from document in C#

Hi,

I am trying to read text from a pdf document saved locally. However, the value it is coming back with is just “Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.PDF. Copyright 2002-2023 Aspose Pty Ltd.\r\nProduction Worksheet”, and none of the text content.

Here is my code:

var localDirectory = server.MapPath("\\temp\\");
var newPath = AWS.Amazon.SaveFileStoreFileFromAmazon(FilePath, localDirectory, FileName);

var pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(newPath);
var textAbsorber = new TextAbsorber();
pdfDocument.Pages.Accept(textAbsorber);
string extractedText = textAbsorber.Text;

It’s appears to be reading the pdf file as it has the correct titles and authours etc…

Here is a link to the original pdf file before it gets saved locally:
"https://cdn.insyncsoftware.co.uk/Uploads/6A9E190E-52AB-4749-B5A8-7B43DEF10119/MasterDesigns/237897/272714 magnetic LB W60mm_J Print.pdf"

Any ideas for me please guys?

@Yazzoo

Would you please make sure that you are using the API with a valid or 30-days free temporary license? In case issue still persists, please share your sample PDF with us. We were unable to download the sample file from the link you shared and faced attached error when we clicked it.
image.png (8.5 KB)

Ah ok thanks Asad. I don’t want to pay for it, so I’ve found an open source library that will do what I need it to. Thanks anyway

@Yazzoo

Thanks for the feedback. Please feel free to evaluate our API and post your questions here in case you need any kind of assistance in the future.