Aspose.PDF - PDF to Tiff Compression Type 6

We have a requirement to convert PDF to TIFF Image Compression Type 6. I can see current version of Aspose.PDF api only supports upto Compression Type 4. Is there any way that I can convert to Type 6. Please suggest.

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes you are right, currently Aspose.Pdf does not support Tiff Compression Type 6. We have logged an enhancement ticket PDFNEWNET-39117 in our issue tracking system for the requirements. We will notify you as soon as it is implemented.

Moreover, we have a product Aspose.Imaging that can manipulate the different image types. My colleague will guide you about the feature in Aspose.Imaging accordingly as well.

Best Regards,

Hi Ajay,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I believe you are referring to the CCITT T.6 bi-level encoding (also referred as CCITT Group 4 fax encoding). If I am correct in my understanding then you can use the Aspose.Imaging API to convert the Aspose.Pdf’s generated TIFF files to CCITT 4 compressed images using the following simple statements. Please note, I have used the file path location for demonstration purposes however, you can use the same mechanism to load from and save to Stream objects as per you application needs.

Please feel free to write back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.

C#

Image image = Image.Load(sourceFilePath);
image.Save(destinationFilePath, new TiffOptions(TiffExpectedFormat.TiffCcittFax4));

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan