Aspose PDF printing - character encoding - nordic characters

Hello,
We use Aspose PDF to convert and print documents.
For some strange reasons we occasionally have problems printing a document using Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer.PrintDocument. It seems that the problem occur when nordic characters (æ,ø, å etc) is in use, but it does not happen every time nordic characters is in use.

If we use Acrobat to print, the documents are always printed correctly.
If we use the PdfViewer to print, sometimes some of the characters are missing or represented as square bullets etc.

We have also tried to save the byte-array to a new PDF-document using Aspose.Pdf.Document.Save() and when opened in Acrobat it is displayed correctly.

Below sample print code used:

public static void PrintPDF(byte[] fileBytes)
{
Aspose.Pdf.License pdfLicense = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
pdfLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Pdf.lic");
MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(fileBytes);
Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(ms);
Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer viewer = new PdfViewer(pdfDocument);
viewer.PrintPageDialog = false;
viewer.PrintDocument();
viewer.Close();

}

Do you have any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks
Morten

Hi Morten,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the resource file, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello, and thank you for your quick response.

please find attached files:
DocumentToPrint.pdf - the file before it is sent to printer
AfterPrint.pdf - file which is produced after print

Please find that this error happens occasionally and not every time documents are sent to printer.

Thanks again

Best regards,
Morten

Hi Morten,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41278 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello!

Is there any new status regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Regards,
Morten

Hi Morten,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the issue is still not resolved, It is pending for investigation in the queue as product team is busy in resolving other issues, reported earlier. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hello again!

Is there any new status regarding this issue?

Thank you.

Regards,
Morten

Hi Morten,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your above reported issue is still pending for investigation. We will notify you as soon as some update is available. Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,