Aspose.pdf to read/parse Contents of a PDF file in Salesforce

Hi ,

I have a requirement to read Content of a PDF file in Salesforce CRM system.
Since , Salesforce does not support PDF parsing , I amlooking for outside solutions. During which , I came across Aspose.pdf , from the description , i found online , it seems it can help me achieve my purpose , But i m not sure from where to start? and how this works?
Could anybody help me with this?
Any help would be much appriciated.
Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose. Yes you can use Aspose for Cloud with Salesforce.com. Please check Aspose for SalesForce SDK for details and samples. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi ,

Thanks for the response.

I went to the link you mentioned , but if try to install trial package from there , i get this error :
=========================================================

Your request to install package “Aspose Pdf Merge
Sample Feb 2014” was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information
in your salesforce.com organization was affected.<o:p></o:p>

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: accenture services pvt ltd (00D2800000180tZ)

User: Priyanka bishnoi (00528000001mG8e)

Package: Aspose Pdf Merge Sample (04t900000002IgQ)

Problem:

1. Apex Classes(classes/AsposeCloudMergePdfController.cls-meta.xml) Missing feature Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

=======================================================

Can you help me with how to get this resolved and proceed.

To elaborate more on our requirement , We have a PDF file (more like ebooks , play scripts ) and we are trying to capture a Page Number stamped on each page in the PDF document. Is Aspose for cloud , can help achieve this?

Also , can you provide details regd the Pricing if we decide to go ahead with this ?

Thanks

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for your feedback. We are in coordination with the related team for the issue and we will get back to you soon.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Priyanka,

Pbishnoi:

Hi ,

Thanks for the response.

I went to the link you mentioned , but if try to install trial package from there , i get this error :

=========================================================

Your request to install package “Aspose Pdf Merge Sample Feb 2014” was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: accenture services pvt ltd (00D2800000180tZ)

User: Priyanka bishnoi (00528000001mG8e)

Package: Aspose Pdf Merge Sample (04t900000002IgQ)

Problem:

1. Apex Classes(classes/AsposeCloudMergePdfController.cls-meta.xml) Missing feature Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

=======================================================

Can you help me with how to get this resolved and proceed.

For testing, we have installed the Aspose Merge PDF Sample Package in our salesforce account successfully without any issue. Can you please confirm how you are trying to build the package manually or installing from package url?https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t900000002IgQ

Pbishnoi:

To elaborate more on our requirement , We have a PDF file (more like ebooks , play scripts ) and we are trying to capture a Page Number stamped on each page in the PDF document. Is Aspose for cloud , can help achieve this?

We will appreciate it if you please elaborate your requirements, what do you mean by capture?

Did you mean to create image of a specific page region? if it is the case then I am afraid currently the functionality is not available in Aspose.Pdf for Cloud but Aspose.Pdf for .NET/Java. However please share some more details so we will guide you accordingly.

Pbishnoi:

Also , can you provide details regd the Pricing if we decide to go ahead with this ?

For Aspose.Pdf for Cloud pricing, please check pricing page for the details. You can contact our sales team, of your respective region, for any pricing related query.

Best Regards,

Hi ,

I tried to install from this link :

https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t900000002IgQ

and it still gives below error :

Apex Classes(classes/ProductTests.cls) Missing feature Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

To elaborate more on this , we are trying to read and store the data(page number - highlighted in red) in the attached screenshot.

We are able to achieve this using Javascript but wanted to know how Aspose does the PDF reading?

We are looking for solutions other than parsing via JS.

Thanks

Priyanka B

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Pbishnoi:

Apex Classes(classes/ProductTests.cls) Missing featureInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

We are looking into the issue and soon we will guide you accordingly.

Pbishnoi:

To elaborate more on this , we are trying to read and store the data(page number - highlighted in red) in the attached screenshot.

We are able to achieve this using Javascript but wanted to know how Aspose does the PDF reading?
We are looking for solutions other than parsing via JS.

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently Aspose.Pdf for Cloud supports to extract text from whole PDF document. As per my understanding you need to find text in a specific page region, so we have logged a new feature request SAASPDF-146 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and implementation. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Bet Regards,
Hi Priyanka,

Pbishnoi:
Hi ,
Apex Classes(classes/ProductTests.cls) Missing feature Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

Thanks for your patience. Please note Salesforce has restrictions of ApexClasses for their General and Professional Editions. You have to use Enterprise or Ultimate Edition to install these packages. Can you please tell, which Edition you are using? so we guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,