Aspose.PSD Illustrator file (.ai) support in C#

Hi there,

I’ve been directed here by the Aspose sales / purchase team. I have a couple of questions having downloaded and played with the evaluation version of Aspose.PSD.

What I am looking to understand are the current limitation with the opening / manipulation and saving of Adobe Illustrator files.

I have a requirement that I am able to open an Illustrator file programmatically, interact with it i.e. read and potentially write data, by way of example I may want to spell check and replace some text on an image, then re-save that file back to it’s .ai format.

Some of the other requirements such as exporting in a different format I have already achieved since it’s well documented however calling methods such as AiImage.Save(), .Save(fileName) and Save(stream, fileName) are all throwing not implemented exceptions.

Am I in the right Aspose product for what I’m trying to achieve? Is this type of functionality on a roadmap for release soon™?

Any input would be gratefully received.

Cheers

B

@bogwopit Aspose.PSD Supports only old AI formats, 3, 4, 8, but not new like 11+, CS1+
We have in our roadmap the extension of AI format support, but at this moment is better to use Aspose.PDF for tasks like this. All new AI formats are just PDF files. You can check the content of ai files, they have PDF headers.