Aspose.Pub SetLicense Fails

Hi,

I’m having an issue with Aspose.Pub v21.9.1. When my app calls SetLicense it fails with an exception that gives me no detail or hints as to what is wrong.

StackTrace:
at #=qn8g7sxY6L4iFYwn24Tv6FmBUJ5Rhi6BoZTLAjAcN7LI=.#=z6MIWpbL9MWREDI_ytdmMad9UMMdXMSgCtg==(Object #=zFhSrGUc=)
at #=qn8g7sxY6L4iFYwn24Tv6FmBUJ5Rhi6BoZTLAjAcN7LI=.#=zdVNDA4_Q2p5gc1FiFlfgnoRKDnyW()
at #=qn8g7sxY6L4iFYwn24Tv6FmBUJ5Rhi6BoZTLAjAcN7LI=.#=z3o1uNPMJzzMcGjU3_UsLUko=(Object #=zFhSrGUc=, UInt32 #=z1bqTEUo=)
at #=qn8g7sxY6L4iFYwn24Tv6FmBUJ5Rhi6BoZTLAjAcN7LI=.#=zSDnbspgz9y2KBMZzirRbWC8=(Boolean #=zFhSrGUc=)
at #=qn8g7sxY6L4iFYwn24Tv6FmBUJ5Rhi6BoZTLAjAcN7LI=.#=zVnLTNdotGwYh0H2BcQBwtTy7sWZqjoc2jA==(Object[] #=zFhSrGUc=, Type[] #=z1bqTEUo=, Type[] #=zweBFZYQ=, Object[] #=zdva35O8=)
at Aspose.Pub.License.SetLicense(String licenseName)

It only happens on Aspose.Pub, the lic file works for all the other products that I register in the app.

Anyone seen this before or can point me in the direction of some help?

@simon.cooper

Would you please share the .NET Framework version under which you are working and facing this issue?

I am working with .Net 6, got to use the latest and greatest, am I right?

@simon.cooper

Sure, you are right. The .NET Core 6.0 has been released recently and we are working on implementing its support. The related task has already been logged as PUBNET-271 in our issue tracking system. We have linked the ticket ID with this forum thread so that you will receive a notification as soon as it is resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

It has been about a month since this was raised, is there an indication of when this might be resolved?

@simon.cooper

The ticket is already under the phase of investigation. We are working on adding the .NET 6.0 support in the API and will surely inform you as soon as it is implemented. We will notify you via this forum thread once the fix-in version of the API is published. We highly appreciate your patience in this regard.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I’m also having this issue after upgrading to net6.0.

@nielsbosma

We have recorded your concerns under the ticket and will let you know as soon as it is resolved.

We’re a month further in, from the last update.
Is this fix still being investigated?

I’m weighing the options of forgetting running aspose.pub under .net 6 and downgrading to .net 3.1 as the last LTS version that I know it worked on

@simon.cooper

The support for .NET Core 6.0 has been investigated and planned. We are working on implementing it. However, the implementation and work have not been yet completed. We have recorded your concerns and will surely share an ETA with you as soon as possible. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this matter.

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PUBNET-271) have been fixed in Aspose.PUB for .NET 22.5.