Aspose PUB unable to convert files to PDF

I have been unable to use the Aspose PUB library to convert pub files to pdf, I get errors with fonts (Times New Roman) or other issues, to recreate just create a pub file from a template in MS office and then try convert.

Also it states pre 2000 office documents won’t convert but this error also comes up on a 2000 pub file.

Also applying license under .net core 3.1 errors. “RemotingServices” error which I can see from other posts used to be an issue on the other libraries but the fix seems to be missing from this one.

@craigrecordsure

Would you please make sure to install all Microsoft Essential fonts in your system before converting PUB files into PDF? Also, we tried to convert a sample PUB file into PDF using Aspose.PUB for .NET 20.4 and did not notice any issue.

Could you kindly share a sample 2000 PUB file with us so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly?

Please note that the API does not support .NET Core 3.1 at the moment. A feature request as PUBNET-207 has already been logged in our issue tracking system and is under the phase of the investigation. We will surely add the required support to the API and as soon as the ticket is resolved, we will update you in this forum thread. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

okay the first and last errors are probably relating to the .net core 3.1 not supported as also had the 1252 unsupported format error.

with regards to the Publisher 2000 file I’m unable to upload a .pub extension.

@craigrecordsure

You can please add your PUB file to .zip archive and attach with your post. Also, if your file size is larger than 10MB, you can upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with us.

2000.zip (11.9 KB)

@craigrecordsure

A feature request as PUBNET-220 has been logged in our issue tracking system for the sake of implementation of Microsoft Publisher 2000 files. We will look into ticket details and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please give us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PUBNET-207,PUBNET-220) have been fixed in Aspose.PUB for .NET 21.6.