I’ve installed Aspose.reports 3.3 on a test environment.
I’ve then purchased a valid licence on the 8th of feb. And install Aspose.reports on my production installation. Then I realized that in many ppt export I get strange blanck column hiding most of the tables I have in my reports.
I tried on the advise of STR (company which sells Aspose in France) to install new 3.4 release of Aspose.reports on the test environment to try ti fix the issue. The installation went well till I realized that the previous version wasn’t correctly uninstall. After trying to reinstall it several times, I finally get the old version (3.3) install again. But the ppt exports don’t work anymore. You’ll find attached screenshots of the error.
I would like to have Aspose.reports working again on the test env. and to have in a second time, Aspose.reports working alos fine on the production env. (having reports without strange blank columns).
Can you help me ?
Is there any chance for me to get an answer on this topic?
Hi Francois,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
We are extremely sorry for the delayed response.
Please follow the following steps in order to repair your Aspose.Slides for Reporting Service installation.
1. First of all run automatic uninstaller and uninstall Aspose.Slides for RS.
2. Now remove Aspose.Slides installation folder, which is generally located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose.Slides\Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services\", just in case if it's not deleted automatically during step 1.
3. Now remove Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll from "bin" folder of each Reporting Services instance. In my case it is located in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\".
4. Now Check Reporting Services config files in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rssrvpolicy.config" and remove lines added by installer (in case they exist there). Lines description can be found on "manual installation" page.
Note that: That is also should be done for each RS instance.
5. Remove Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll from private assemblies of Visual Studio (in case it's installed). In my case "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll". And please also fix both config files: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\RSPreviewPolicy.config" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\RSReportDesigner.config" by removing all traces of Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll.
Till this point you have successfully removed Aspose.Slides for RS from your computer. Restart the computer and SQL server after cleaning. Now Aspose.Slides for RS can be installed again. It is recommended to restart SQL server after new Aspose.Slides installation. Hopefully things may work for you this time.
Once again we are sorry for your inconvenience,
A topic has been added in online Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services documentation that explains the steps required to re-install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. The URL of this topic is: