- We process many PPTX files simultaneously.
- PPTX files seem to have many Excel chart links pointing to the same file.
- The linked Excel file is in a network share (we do not know if it’s required for reproducing the error or not).
- Whenever we call “Save” method in Aspose.Slides (Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Save(String fname, SaveFormat format)), sometimes sharing violation exception happens when Aspose tries to deal with those chart links and our PPTX file is being saved back as an empty file. We lose all PPTX file’s data. We have reported this in Calling "Save" method in Aspose.Slides 20.11 leads to losing data in .PPTX files .
- Sometimes, Aspose.Slides throws sharing violation error also when we try to process this chart links in LFA (we call Aspose.Slides.Charts.ChartData.SetExternalWorkbook(String workbookPath)). Since it’s not happening inside their “Save” method, this time we are not getting empty file in the output, but those issues can be connected with each other and we think they should get fixed.
Thank you for contacting support.
There were many updates after version 20.11. Please check your results using the latest version of Aspose.Slides if it possible. If the issue persists, please share/describe the following:
- code example that reproduces the problem
- presentation and Excel files you used
- conditions to reproduce the problem with the shared file