Aspose.Slides 21.5 Breaks Unit Tests by Reporting All Relative Links as Absolute

020412 KvZ Safety Performance.ppt-backup.zip (186.5 KB)

Our unit test simply scans a PPT file (see attachment “020412 KvZ Safety Performance.ppt-backup.ppt”) and verifies the links reported. The file has a mix of both relative and absolute links; however, Aspose Slides 21.5 reports all the links as absolute.

The links should be reported as:
image.png (14.5 KB)

but they are incorrectly reported as:
image.png (17.7 KB)

@vikram.venugopal,
Thank you for the issue description. Could you share a code example demonstrating the problem, please?

Hello,

Attached is the console application in c# that depicts the issue mentioned here. This app uses the Aspose Total license and Aspose slides dll version 21.5
AsposeIssue-20.7z (563.1 KB)

Thanks,

@Amruthav,
It will take us too long to figure out your code example. Could you isolate the problem and simplify the code example as possible, please?

AsposeIssue-20.7z (566.0 KB)

@Amruthav,
Thank you for the code example. It will take me a while to investigate the issue further. I will answer you as soon as possible.

@Amruthav,
Please take a look at the next code example:

using (var presentation = new Presentation(dataPath + "020412 KvZ Safety Performance.ppt-backup.ppt"))
{
    foreach (var slide in presentation.Slides)
    {
        foreach (var shape in slide.Shapes)
        {
            var oleObjectFrame = shape as OleObjectFrame;
            if (oleObjectFrame != null && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(oleObjectFrame.LinkPathLong))
            {
                Console.WriteLine("URL -> " + oleObjectFrame.LinkPathLong);
            }
        }
    }
}

Output (absolute and relative links): output_links.jpg (69.9 KB).
You should check your application code carefully.

Hello Andrey,

what do you mean? I do not understand.
Can you please check the output of this application using slides 21.5 compared to output of the same application using slides 18.12
Attaching the output of the application with 18.12
image.png (5.2 KB)

Thanks,

@Amruthav,
I logged the issue with ID SLIDESNET-42648 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. I will inform you of any progress.

@Amruthav,
Our development team investigated the issue. PowerPoint does not support relative paths (1, 2). There were some bugs in Aspose.Slides 18.12 with links. They were fixed in version 19.2. The “020412 KvZ Safety Performance.ppt-backup.zip” was already passed to us here.

@Andrey_Potapov,

It is not clear as to what you wanted to convey here?. Is’nt this a regression issue in the Aspose DLL?.

Thanks,

@Amruthav,
Yes, we investigated the issue and found no regressions related to links.

Hello @Andrey_Potapov,

How can you say that?. I have clearly shown that there is a regression from from version 18.12. The output of console with 18.12 shows a different set of links than in 21.5. Something changed from 18.12 and 21.5 which is causing our testcases fail.

thanks,

@Amruthav,
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. But this situation has been explained above.