Aspose.Slides - Chart Format

Hi,

I am interested in using Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Cells to create PowerPoint 2007 presentations on the fly that will contain charts. Could you let me know if the following is achievable:

• Are charts saved as embedded chart objects within PowerPoint so that they can be further manipulated offline by the end user?
  • leading on from the above question, is the data source (excel spreadsheet) available for the end user to update the chart data as they are within an office chart object?
  • Can I develop a function using Aspose.Slides which inserts the chart into a current PowerPoint file on the server rather than having to create the whole PPTX file programmatically?
  • Is their a function which enables combining several PPTX files into one presentaiton?
Many thanks,

Rit

Hi Rit,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I will answer the queries shared by you individually.

rito1:

• Are charts saved as embedded chart objects within PowerPoint so that they can be further manipulated offline by the end user?
  • leading on from the above question, is the data source (excel spreadsheet) available for the end user to update the chart data as they are within an office chart object?

The charts can be created using Aspose.Cells for .NET and can be added inside presentation using Ole frames. Please follow link 1 and link 2 for your further kind reference. The user can manipulate the already added Ole frame chart by accessing that via byte array. Later converting that byte array to memory stream and loading to Workbook. You can then modify the chart contents and add that back to ole frame as byte array. Please visit thread link 3 and link 4 for reference.

Aspose.Slides for .NET also provide the feature of creating charts inside presentation. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference. The charts can also be manipulated by opening the presentation in PowerPoint and editing chart data.

rito1:

• Can I develop a function using Aspose.Slides which inserts the chart into a current PowerPoint file on the server rather than having to create the whole PPTX file programmatically?

You can access the presentation from server using Aspose.Slides and modify the chart by reading its contents in byte array. I have answered this question in link 3 and link 4 for reference before.

rito1:

• Is their a function which enables combining several PPTX files into one presentation?

Aspose.Slides for .NET provides a slide cloning feature that allows one to copy the slides within same and different presentations. You can access individual presentations and can clone slide from them into single presentation. Please visit this documentation link for your further kind reference.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,