[Aspose.Slides for Android via Java] Cannot convert presentation to PDF, Tiff, SVG

Hi Team,

I’m trying to use Aspose.Slides for Android version 1.1.0 to convert a presentation into any other format. But I’m facing some strange behavior. I can’t convert the presentation to PDF or Tiff. Also, I’m not able to convert single slide to SVG. There are no exceptions. All that I have after trying to save the presentation in a different format is just an empty text file with 0 bytes size. But I’m able to create a new presentation and save it as well as edit and save existing one.

I tried to perform the same conversion using Aspose.Slides for Java version 17.2 in a simple console application and everything worked well. The presentation was converted to PDF successfully.

Could you please provide me with some information about this issue? Is the conversion of the ppt/pptx files in other formats not supported in the library for Android?

@james.smith.javaman,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that present version of Aspose.Slides for Android via Java 1.1.0 is based on legacy API of Aspose.Slides for Java. It lacks rendering support and therefore has not capability to export presentation to PDF, TIFF, XPS, slide thumbnails and SVG export. An issue with ID SLIDESANDROID-18 has already been added in our issue tracking system to provide requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESANDROID-18) have been fixed in this update.