Aspose.Slides for C++ Project under OSX

I would like to use an efficient IDE for coding, so I’m using Xcode under MacOS X.

My problem is that intellisense doesn’t work at all. I added include paths to project settings, but code completion doesn’t even work.

How to solve this? I want an IDE that provides me good code completion, since I need to work with a huge library (Aspose.Slides C++) which has hundreds of classes etc. I also want pre-compile time error checking. XCode can do that, but I never used it before, so I’m not sure how to configure it properly.

I’m working on a project which needs to be compiled under Ubuntu Linux, so I’m using g++ as compiler / linker.

I don’t want XCode to actually compile my project, G++ takes care about that. I just want IDE features to work.

Btw, is it even possible to compile Aspose.Slides C++ code under OSX using Xcode? Guess it isn’t because the shared libraries Aspose provides are for WIndows and Linux only, right?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks ind advance!

@gtamas

Aspose.Slides for C++ can be configured using Visual Studio projects in Windows or in Linux based C++ compilers. At present the support is not available for Xcode.

Dear mudassir.fayyaz,
This post is nearly a year old. Are you supporting Xcode or clang 64 compiler at this point?
Kr Thomas Knudsen

@thomaskknudsen,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for your inquiry.

It will take me a while to answer your question. We will reply to you soon.

@thomaskknudsen,
We are currently not releasing Aspose.Slides for C++ for MacOS but we have plans to do it. I have linked this forum thread to a related task with ID SLIDESCPP-1651 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

You can use Clang or GCC with Aspose.Slides for C++ for x64 project versions.

A post was split to a new topic: Does Aspose.Tasks for C++ support Mac platform?

@thomaskknudsen,
I have moved your question to Aspose.Tasks forum. Our support team will reply to you there.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESCPP-1651) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for C++ 22.5 (Windows, Linux, macOS).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.