Aspose.Slides for Jasper reports. Problem setting licence

Hi,

I’ve got the following error setting my license file:

com.aspose.cellsinternal.CellsException: The license is not valid for this product.
at com.aspose.cellsinternal.License.for(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cellsinternal.License.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cellsinternal.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.obfuscated.bw.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)

I bought the license 3 days ago, the source code I’m using to register the license file is:

FileInputStream fstream = null;
try {
String licenseFileName = initParams.getIniDir() + GestoreConfigurazione.MODULO_REPORTING4_ASPOSE_LIC.getValue();
logger.warn("Registrazione del file di licenza per Aspose Slide in corso…: " + licenseFileName);
fstream=new FileInputStream(licenseFileName);
License license=new License();
license.setLicense(fstream);
} catch(Exception ex) {
logger.error(“Errore registrazione licenza Aspose Slides for JasperReports”, ex);
} finally {
if(fstream != null) {
try {
fstream.close();
} catch (Exception e) {
}
}
}

Despite this error I tried to print a report and I got the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRPrintImage.getModeValue()Lnet/sf/jasperreports/engine/type/ModeEnum;
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.obfuscated.hq.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.JRSlidesExporter.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.JRSlidesExporter.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.JRSlidesExporter.exportReport(Unknown Source)

I’m using
aspose.slides.JasperReports-jr3.7-1.7.0.jar
jasperreports-3.7.0.jar

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I have observed he issue shared by you and it seems that license is not valid for Aspose.Slides for Jasper Reports. Can you please confirm that you have bought license for Aspose.Slides for Jasper Reports. Have you followed the guidelines shared here for using the Aspose.Slides for Jasper Reports license. If you have bought valid license and using it by following the guidelines then please share the license file with us by following the guidelines shared here along with sample Java application that we can use on our end to reproduce the issue.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the requested information.

I have tried using the license file shared by you in my environment and have been able to reproduce the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJSPR-33125 has been created in our issue tracking system on priority basis to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

Thank you, Mudassir.

I hope that you will take care also of the second part of my post, about the incompatibility with the version 3.7.0 of Jasper reports because unfortunately I cannot upgrade the Jasper Reports version and I need that Aspose Slides works with the version 3.7.0.
Thank you.
See you soon,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

For your second query please share the sample project along with JRXML file so that I may add that in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve it. I am setting this thread to private so that now only you and Aspose staff can have access to this.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
I have created a sample project to reproduce the issue easily.
You can find the application at this URL because I was unable to upload it using the forum form:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwcLdysxWjMfX3RnWkNRUlFtSWs

You have to execute java -jar TestAspose.jar C:/TestAspose/jasper to run the application where the argument C:/TestAspose/jasper is the directory containing the jrxml file.

You can find all that you need into the file TestAspse.zip

See you soon,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJSPR-33126 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue on our end. I will share the further information with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Hi Mudassir,
could you give me an estimate of how long it will take to fix bugs reported?
I need to plan my activities and at this time the software is unusable.
Thank you.
Bye,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and have also discussed with our development team and like to share that issue is under investigation and resolution. We are hopeful to make product release by next week and try our best to include the fix for the issues in upcoming product release.

Many Thanks,

Hi Daniel,

Our development team is investigating the issue shared. Can you please share the JAI Jar files that you have used on your end for rendering please as our development team is requesting them.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your request. I don’t have any JAI Jar in my classpath and I’ve never used it to run Jasper Reports because it’s not required. If you need some information about my environment, I’m using JRE 1.6.0_33 and running on Windows 7.
Bye,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the information. I will share the updates with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Daniel,

Our development team has suggested that if you could please try using aspose.slides.JasperReports-jr3.5-1.7.0.jar on your end please and kindly share the feedback with us.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I’ve tried using aspose.slides.JasperReports-jr3.5-1.7.0.jar, and with this version I must include JAI jars in my classpath. I’ve added jai-1_1_3 to the sample app I’ve shared with you and seems to work. When I try to use this version of Aspose Slides with my production report I’ve got an exception somewhere:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.obfuscated.ii.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.obfuscated.id.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.obfuscated.id.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.obfuscated.ib.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.jasperreports.JRSlidesExporter.if(Unknown Source)

Consider that my production report works fine with an older version of Aspose Slides (1.3.0), except for some rendering bugs, solved in later versions as I see in the release notes.

Bye,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your feedback. I will share the findings with our development team. I also like to share that upcoming version of Aspose.Slides for Jasper Reports 1.8.0 will be based on Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0. So, it will not have dependency upon JAI libraries as well.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJSPR-33125) have been fixed in this update:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.slides-for-jasperreports/entry468959.aspx.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Daniel,

I like to share that we have not been able to reproduce the issue SLIDESJSPR-33126 by using Aspose.Slides for Jasper Reports 1.9.0. Can you please verify on your end and share with us if there is still an issue.

Many Thanks,