Aspose.Slides for Java 14.7.0 - Class not found exception

Hi,

I’ve just upgraded to the latest Aspose.Slide release of 14.7.0 from the previous stable version. Whenever I try to call the aspose object, I get a Class not found exception. By the way I am using ColdFusion 10.

The calling fails at the code below, I know a lot has changed since the previous release in September, has the hierarchy of access changed in the latest jar file?

The code “pres = CreateObject(“Java”, “com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx”);” generates the error below:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapClassLoader.loadClass(BootstrapClassLoader.java:235) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxyFactory.getProxy(JavaProxyFactory.java:121) at coldfusion.runtime.ProxyFactory.getProxy(ProxyFactory.java:65) at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.createObjectProxy(CFPage.java:5787) at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.CreateObject(CFPage.java:5750) at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.CreateObject(CFPage.java:5684) at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.CreateObject(CFPage.java:5659) at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.CreateObject(CFPage.java:5606)

Thanks,

Hi Jide,

Thank you for sharing the details.

Well, the new version of Aspose.Slides for Java v14.x.x does not have PresentationEx class anymore. You can now use the Presentation class to process both PPT and PPTX files. Also, you can refer to our documentation section regarding how to migrate from older version to the newer version of the API.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Ok many thanks, will give that a go.

Hi,

On implementing the new changes we now have a “Negative seek offset” error. The error kicks in at the line highlighted below:

//The target file to edit
variables.TargettedPresentation = “#application.PPTFolder##variables.iPresentationID##rs_PPTSlideInfo.fileName#”;

pres = CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.slides.Presentation”).init("#variables.TargettedPresentation#");

pres.getSlides().removeAt(variables.iSlideID - 1);

variables.pres2 = CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.slides.Presentation”).init("#variables.PPTSourceFile#");

//Insert slide here
variables.slds = pres.getSlides();
variables.slds.insertClone(variables.iSlideID - 1,variables.pres2.getSlides().get_Item(variables.iSourceSlidePosition));

//Write the presentation to disk
pres.save("#variables.TargettedPresentation#",Aspose.Slides.Export.com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pptx);

Any help or assistance with this at all please. We’ve used this for years and up until October, the latest update seems to have introduced this error.

Hi Jide,

Sorry for the inconvenience,

I will check the issue on a Cold Fusion environment and will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Many thanks Owais, looking forward to the solution.

Hi Jide,

Thank you for being patient.

I have tested your reported issue after setting up ColdFusion at my end and the following test code works fine.

<html>
<head><title>Aspose</title></head>
<body>
<cfoutput>#ucase(“Testing”)#</cfoutput>
<cfscript>

pres = CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.slides.Presentation”).init(“e:\input.pptx”);
pres.getSlides().removeAt(0);
variables.pres2 = CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.slides.Presentation”).init(“e:\input2.pptx”);

//Insert slide here
variables.slds = pres.getSlides();
variables.slds.insertClone(1,variables.pres2.getSlides().get_Item(0));
saveFormat=CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat”);

//Write the presentation to disk
pres.save(“e:\output.pptx”, saveFormat.Pptx);
</cfscript>
<cfoutput>#ucase(“Done”)#</cfoutput>
</body>
</html>

It seems that the issue is with your input file. Please share the input files you are using and we will further check the issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Thanks for this, it worked. Downside is that we’ll have to re-work our previous solution.

On a different note, my output is giving the “Evaluation only…” watermark. Our license takes us to the end of January 2015. Am I missing something?

Many thanks.

Hi Jide,

I have observed the comments regarding evaluation watermark in your application. As you have shared that your subscription is valid till January 2015, therefore I suggest you to please try using latest Aspose.Slides for Java 14.10.0 on your end. Secondly, while setting the license you can also get the status if the license is properly applied or not. The following Java code will serve the purpose in this regard. You may please convert and use this as per your application on your end.

com.aspose.slides.License lic=new com.aspose.slides.License();
lic.setLicense(path+“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);
boolean licenced= lic.isLicensed();

If the above licensed variable gets false return value then it means that license is not loaded on your end. If true is returned then it means that license is properly loaded. On false return, you can try reloading the license. If there is still issue then please share the sample application and license file with us for further investigation on our end.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I have just given this is a test, yes you are right, the license was not properly loaded because of rights issues. It is all fine now.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Hi Jide,

That is appreciable that things are working on your end. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,