Aspose.Slides for Java 16.8.0 as OSGi bundle

Hi,

When I try to use Aspose.Slides for Java 16.8.0 as OSGi bundle, I get this exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader cannot be found by com.aspose.slides_16.8.0 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)

Does this version of Aspose.Slides have some new dependencies on other libraries?

I had no problems with any of the previous versions of Aspose.Slides for Java.

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments. I request to you please share environment details of your system, So that we can further investigate issue on our end.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit

Java:
java version "1.8.0_101"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

Eclipse:
Eclipse Version: Neon Release (4.6.0) Build id: 20160613-1800

OSGi related bundles from my target platform:

org.eclipse.osgi_3.9.1.v20140110-1610
org.eclipse.equinox.ds_1.4.200.v20131126-2331
org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.3.100.v20130513-1956
org.eclipse.equinox.util_1.0.500.v20130404-1337
org.eclipse.equinox.console_1.0.100.v20130429-0953 org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime_0.10.0.v201209301036
org.apache.felix.gogo.shell_0.10.0.v201212101605

Regards,
Zeljko
Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35680 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Muhammad,

I’m not reproducing this issue with Aspose.Slides for Java 16.10.0. Can you confirm whether this issue is fixed or not?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

It’s good to know that if you are unable to reproduce the issue using latest Aspose.Slides for Java 16.10.0. Actually, the associated ticket is internally linked with another issue of similar kind and that has been marked resolved and closed. Since, dependent issue has been marked resolved so as this can be marked resolved. If this issue is resolved on your end, can I share comment in our issue tracking system so that you may receive official notification about it in upcoming version.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

With some testing on my side, it looks like the issue has been fixed. But I need a confirmation by you and your product team, since I don’t want to rely just on my tests.

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments. Actually, the associated ticket is internally linked with another issue of similar kind and that has been marked resolved and closed, We will share notification regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

What’s the status of this issue?

Regards,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that your issue has been resolved. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

The issue I previously reported has been resolved, but I have another problem using Aspose.Slides 16.11.0 in OSGi environment.

In my application, I work with dom4j library so I have to switch thread’s context class loader to org.dom4j.Document’s class loader to be able to use dom4j. Until Aspose.Slides for Java 16.11.0, I had no problem with loading presentations. With Aspose.Slides for Java 16.11.0, I’m not able to load presentation if I do the above context class loader switching.

Here’s a small test that gets executed in my OSGi (PaxExam) environment and fails to load the presentation.

public void asposeSlidesTest() {

ClassLoader old = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(Document.class.getClassLoader());
try {

InputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(“Bonn_DMV_Classification.ppt”);
Presentation presentation = new Presentation(inputStream);
inputStream.close();
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} finally {
Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(old);
}
}

This is the part of the stack trace with the exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.slides.ms.pbdb106a0.p7cce53cf.af.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.ms.pbdb106a0.p883e881b.b.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PatternFormat.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PatternFormat.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.zc.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.zc.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.FillFormat.setFillType(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.final(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.(Unknown Source)

What got changed in the latest Aspose.Slides release which prevents me loading presentations?

Can you check this?

Thanks,
Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

We are sorry for delayed response. You are facing a new problem for that please share issue details in new thread so that we can help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi Zeljko,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides for Java has no dependency upon dom4j. Can you please test your application without using dom4j and using Aspose.Slides for Java 16.11.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the sample project with us reproducing the issue on your end so that we may test that on our end.

Many Thanks,