Aspose.Slides for .NET 8 Compatibility with Alpine Docker Container

Hello,

Could you please let me know which version of Aspose Slides is compatible with .NET 8 in a docker environment. I have downloaded the latest version (Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.6 (DLLs only)) but it doesn’t have the .NET 8 dlls.

Thanks,
Sheel

@gohesheel,
Thank you for contacting support.

Please read the following articles:
System Requirements|Aspose.Slides Documentation
Aspose.Slides for .NET 6 Cross Platform|Aspose.Slides Documentation

Please let us know if you have further questions after that.

Hi Andrey,
I am using latest version v24.6 of Aspose.Slides on my Alpine based docker container running .NET 8. While generating the PPT getting below exception. In .NET 6 this is working fine. Please assist.

System.ArgumentException: Font '?' cannot be found.
   at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.CheckStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.FontFamily.GetCellAscent(FontStyle style)
   at ♠♣§♣.☻(Font ☻)
   at ♠♣§♣.☻(String ☻, ☻→↑▬↓, ☻↓§♣ ♣, Boolean ♠, Int32 ♥,☼§♣& ♫)
   at ♠♣§♣.☻(☼☼§♣ ☻, ☼→♥§, ☼→♥§ ♣, ☻→↑▬↓ ♠, ☻↓§♣ ♥, Int32 ♫, Boolean ☼, ♣►☼↨ ☻☼,☼§♣☼)
   at ♣►♥§.☻(☼→♥§& ☻, Boolean&)
   at↑↨♣.☻()
   at↑↨♣..ctor(TextFrame ☻, ♠☼↓, IBaseSlide ♣, ♠♣§♣ ♠, ☼☼§♣[] ♥)
   at ☻►♥§.☼☻♥§♥▬☻(♠☼↓→ ☻, ♠↨§→)
   at ☼←♥§.♫☻♥§♥▬☻(♠↨§→ ☻)
   at ☼←♥§.☻(Boolean ☻)
   at ☼←♥§.♣↨♥→♥▬☻()
   at Aspose.Slides.Shape.get_Frame()
   at Aspose.Slides.Shape.get_Height()
   at ReportGeneration.PowerPoint.PowerPointTable.UpdateTableData(ISlideCollection slideCollection, Int32 slideIndex, Table table, TableDataRow[] tableDataRows, Single maxTableHeight, Int32 minRowsOnLastPage, Single moveTableOnFollowingPagesUp, Int32 headerRowCount, Func`2 splitCondition) in /app/Services/ReportGeneration/PowerPoint/PowerPointTable.cs:line 200

@gohesheel,
We are sorry that you had to encounter this problem. Could you kindly share a simple project to reproduce the error on our end for further investigation?

Hi Andrey, thanks for checking this.

Unfortunately my organization doesn’t allow uploading source code to external url. Is there any other way I can help.

I saw a similar issue reported by another user and I think an issue with ID SLIDESNET-42911 was logged for that. Could you please provide me the resolution of that issue. Thanks.

@gohesheel,

You can try to isolate the problem and create an empty project with similar settings that reproduces the same error. We would be very grateful if you could share an example project.

The issue SLIDESNET-42911 is still open. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet.

Hi Andrey,

Just checking if you have any update on this issue SLIDESNET-42911 for Alpine.

Thanks,
Sheel

@gohesheel,
The issue is still open. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet.

Hi @andrey.potapov ,
Any update on this issue SLIDESNET-42911 for Alpine.

Thanks,
Sheel

@gohesheel,
The issue is still open. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet. I’ve linked the ticket to this forum thread. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

Hi @andrey.potapov ,
Could you please provide an update on this issue. Appreciate if you can provide an ETA as this is right now a blocker for us to remediate our application from .NET to .NET 8.

Thanks,
Sheel

@gohesheel,
Unfortunately, I don’t have any updated information on this issue. You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.